Sheds I found out where they go.

EagleEyeRust

Jan 3, 2013
So I get dragged to the mall today with the wife and daughter. I was not in favor of the idea but I did go hunting this morning and she said I can go again tomorrow. So lets go to the mall buy whatever. I can play along. But I cant stop thinking about the 110in Coues I saw this morning. So spend some money on jewelry because according to her I spend millions a year on gas money for hunting. When we get tot the pet store funny mall guy behind the counter asks me if I hunt. I guess I shouldn’t wear camo all the time because I don’t want to talk to mall guy about how much I love killing and eating animals while I am in the pet store. Anyway he points to the dog chew toys. I am freaking shocked they are selling elk shed antlers for 10$ and 20$. A small G2 or G3 [/size] [/size]8 inches long and cut in half on the diameter is 20$. Holy crap I have like 500-600 dollars worth of chew toys in the garage. That can buy a lot of gas. So I think I am going to the local dog park with my cut up elk sheds and cashing in big. Meanwhile my wife explains that we have been buying dog chew toys from Wal-Mart for years. UUHHHGGG dam it now I have to cut up my elk sheds for her dog. On the other hand that saves money for more gas. Happy shed hunting this year. LOL

Attachments

• Elk dog chew toy.jpg
    Elk dog chew toy.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 83
man that is ridiculous. just seems wasteful to let a dog destroy them but then again I think about all the rawhides my dog goes through.  But 20 dollars for one chew toy seems insane.  If you wanted to use your sheds for something you could probly make antler decorations (lamps, chandelier, etc) and make a lot more.  people pay high dollar for that stuff at designer furniture stores.

There is good money to be had selling sheds...my last load purchased 1/2 this machine ;D

Attachments

• trax (480x640).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
Loved that Yamy. I sold mine two years ago.  I miss that girl now and then.

I don't see me cutting up any sheds for the dog to chew on. I enjoy getting them out now and then to admire and remember the outing.

I could see using some of the smaller sheds I have found for that.  But the 5 point and bigger ones make great lamps and what not.

These dog chews have inflated the horn market actually. But I have a hard time cutting up horns so I decided to make lamps and tables out of my sheds. Sometimes I will even mount them up and try to sell them on ebay.

Attachments

• FloorLamp.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1
basco said:
These dog chews have inflated the horn market actually. But I have a hard time cutting up horns so I decided to make lamps and tables out of my sheds. Sometimes I will even mount them up and try to sell them on ebay.

man, that is really nice handywork.  I would love to have one of those

pm me and I can email you some of my work. These things are going for around $1500. you can find some mad out of fake horns for around $600. Im trying to get $500-$700 out of my three horn elk lamps. They are all one of a kind since they are real horns. Hell I even take payment in horns. If a guy want somthing made out of his horns then price really goes down also.Maybe I should post some pics in the classifieds  ;)

basco said:
pm me and I can email you some of my work. These things are going for around $1500. you can find some mad out of fake horns for around $600. Im trying to get $500-$700 out of my three horn elk lamps. They are all one of a kind since they are real horns. Hell I even take payment in horns. If a guy want somthing made out of his horns then price really goes down also.Maybe I should post some pics in the classifieds  ;)

yeah there's definitely more money there than in chewtoys haha.  wish I had those kinda funds those look awesome.  yeah you should definitely start a thread in the classifieds or just the campfire showing your work. you know there's a lot of guys on here with a garage full of antlers

I tried to make a lamp once and it just turned out bad, but I was also 18 and didn't know what the heck I was doing. I want to try and build another lamp out of some sheds. Anyone know of a place or website I could go to find out more on making them?

I usually give my crappy ones to my labs, trying to teach them also. I saw some at the pet store also and was surprised at the cost, better start packaging them up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back