shooting a bow at home.

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
i live where i live.  it's where my awesome, well paying job is..and the same place my wife lives (the woman i love)

i cannot shoot a bow at home.  despite that; i set up my chrono in my garage.  the lighting didnt let me get a reading.  so i put my target on my garbage can, set up my chrono and let it rip.  i got my reading..sheepishly, i put everything away.

i would LOVE to live somewhere that i could safely shoot 20 yards every day.  what i did was not perfectly safe.  more so, because i am still not perfect shooting lefty..i could have inadvertently punched the trigger in the unfamiliarity of it all.
you all with big land and wide open spaces backed up by hillsides..you all are BLESSED.

shooting a firearm at home..i would pass out with joy. 

I know lots of guys that shoot at home in their basement or wherever year round just to keep their muscles in condition and not for shooting accuracy.  They usually are only shooting a couple yards.

When I bought my current house I loved the size of my yard, but never gave any consideration to shooting there until I bought my first bow later that year.

I?m super glad that I have a place to shoot safely at my house and can easily back up to 40 yards. 50 is a stretch and it?s more of a pain than it?s worth. I?ve been helping mentor a new hunter. He?s decided to get into archery too and I see the stark difference in practice routines since he can?t shoot at his apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living out in the country is great. I can and do shoot as much or as far as I need including hills. When I lived in town, I could only shoot 30 yards if I stood in the front of the front yard and shot down the side of my house. I used to sneak 40 yard shots by standing in the middle of the street and shooting over my front fence. I can shoot  guns here too but I don't very much. The local gun club range is two minutes from here and I have the gate code and can go whenever the urge strikes.

Another vote for country living. Have targets set up out to 80 yards out the backdoor of the barn and a 200 yard rifle range across the road.

Very jealous of those that can shoot long range from home.  I can get 30 yard shots in my back yard, but I quit shooting there after accidentally hitting my release trigger and sending an arrow over my fence. 

Luckily, the city put in an outdoor archery range about 5 miles away.  It has the large targets out to 50 yards and covered shooting area for some shade.  If no one is around I can stretch it to 60.  Another outdoor range is ~ 30 min away with targets out to 75 yards.  I can get 100 yards out there if I have the place to myself.  But boy, would it be nice to get in 10 arrows at 50-80 yards before showering for work each morning from my back porch!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

dru.bishop73 said:
Very jealous of those that can shoot long range from home.  I can get 30 yard shots in my back yard, but I quit shooting there after accidentally hitting my release trigger and sending an arrow over my fence!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I did this as well. I almost vomited from the worry. Never again.

Haha. I sent one through the target and then the fence. Missed the neighbor's dog who was on the other side of the yard. The redwood fence was mine and no one noticed. Bought some hay bales after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back