Short Trap Line Catches

razorback

Mar 11, 2014
Couple of weeks ago I set out 8 traps on my 40 acres. I don\'t do it for the fur, just think it may save a fawn or two this spring. Since I put them out our ground has been frozen hard nearly every morning and with my farm being wetlands,the ground just crusts over an inch or two deep. This morning was the first morning our ground wasn\'t froze all that hard and I had a couple of catches.

Probably keep them out for a few more weeks and then pull them. I\'ll update with more pics if I should have any more luck.

I should have probably prefaced this with I\'m not a trapper, just did some reading on the internet and talked to a few local guys. I just experiment with dirthole/walk through type sets. My first attempt at a scent post was the little cat and she was caught by the back foot, not how that set was supposed to work at all.

Nice catch! I have not put any traps out this year. I wait till after deer shotgun season to do so. But this year we went from warm to frigid! It has thawed some and maybe the critters will be moving. I have another month so......... :think:

That bobcat is worth some serious coins. Probably enough to buy a couple dozen top quality arrows. I don\'t believe I have ever seen a skunk with that much white on it. It would make a beautiful tanned hide if you dare skin it. :tease:

Congrats on those catches. One thing we haven\'t figured out how to catch is a coyote, one of these years we will... Couple years ago we caught a near record otter for MO - 58\", it was our prize of the year. Last year we put a serious hurting on the possums and skunks, but that was it :-/

My youngest son is out checking his traps this morning - nothing like the anticipation of \"what might be\" every morning when you head out.

Congrats again!

--Mitch

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back