shot distance

I guess average would be around 25yd (but I did have a long one at 40yd that brings my average up)...  Under 20yd and as close as 8yd which was a frontal death shot. 
With the recurve hunting Solo.

Majority have been within 15 yards with the outerlier at 30 yards....Was very tempted on a 65 yard bull that stood broadside for 5 minutes on me this last fall, but my brain got the betterof my emotions...Did I say I was tempted on that bull.  ;D

Most inside of 20 last 3 at 16, 14 , 12 nothing like bugling moving in hearing a scream and seeing those tines floating in at spitting distance at full draw :)

First was 15 yards at a 5x5, that spun around and I missed over his back. Second was a 60 yard cow( never again), shot either high or low but a clean miss. Third was a 4x4 at 20 yards and hit the shoulder bone. Cracked like a rifle and got about 2 inches of penetration. He ran about 50 yards and started walking. Watched and tracked him (no blood) for over 300 yards into a patch of Aspen trees, where I lost him. Recovered my arrow at the shot sight and it had two inches of arrow missing. I hope I never, ever do that again. Did take a 6x6 with ML last year, but want one with my bow.

Shot my first bull, a spike at three yards. Arrow buried to the fletching. My second was a cow at 20 yds. Double lung and heart. She ran 15 yds and piled up. Have had numerous more elk in just not able to get shots off. All the elk that I have called in or stalked up on average shot distance would be 25 yds.

I've only shot two cows with a bow. Both were between 10 and 15 yards. I've shot 4 cows with a rifle at a mix of yardage. One at about 60 yards, Two around 100 yards and one at 300 yards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back