Sight Pin Color

ghost

Dec 28, 2012
I'm in the process of buying a new sight. I've never though about individual pin colors before but now I have a choice. What color or colors would you pick? All green, all yellow, all red or a mix of them?

I like a mix - then color equals distance. for me red fades the fastest in low light, so if you were going for one color, I wouldn't pick red.

I shoot green, yellow, red and associate a color with yardages.  If you get to choose size I always go smaller on my lower pin.  I shoot the ascent and when you slide it down for long shots it is nice to have a pin that doesn't take up the whole target.

I'm going with a 5 pin sight. Top 3 will be .19 and bottom 2 will be .10
Red seems to be the first color to fade when light fades, so I was thinking either all green, all yellow or a green/yellow combo. Thoughts?

I use a 7 pin and i use all 3 colors and alternate,dont want to have to think to long when you need to shot fast.used the wrong pin once at ten yards and missed a 6 point bull if you can believe that is posible.and use the smaller pins at 60,70,80,and 90 yard pins,when you get that far out the bigger pins cover up to much of the target area.

I have the 5 pin Ascent and go Green/Red/Green/Red/Green.  My first two are 0.19 and my last 3 are 0.10.  Green are even yardage (20, 40, 60) and red is odd yardage (30, 50).  Works so far.

Thanks guys. Here is what I ended up with starting at the 20 yard pin. Green, yellow, red, yellow and green.

Red seems to be the first color to fade with low light, so I only wanted one red pin and have the brightest pins (yellow) on either side. That way if needed I can gap the shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back