Sights

the only difference that sights have made is the fact that my hunter hogg it can do third axis leveling.  so I can always trust my bubble level, which makes me more accurate on uneven terrian with up and down hill shots.  and out of the treestand

Bigrax82 said:
I looked at the Black Gold sights and they look like very nice ones. I am still rather new to archery so I went with a Trophy Ridge React sight that auto adjusts out to 60 yards after setting 20 and 30 yard pin. Just received it in the mail so I will re-post with review.
I'd be interested in how you feel this sight works.  My friend is dead set on getting one on the marketing and concept alone. 

I also read some reviews on the IQ with the retina.  Some say they can now shoot peep less???  how does that work and what do you think about that?

You can shoot peepless with any sight really.  There are sights that are made specifically for it.  With these devices you know your form and anchor are correct.  So you just put the pin on the target with no need to worry about a peep.  You simply are able to look along side of the string and see the pins. 

How it works is that you find your consistent anchor point.  Once you find your consistent anchor point you adjust your the sight to it.  You will be able to tell whether or not you are anchored correctly or if you have torqued the bow.  This is due to the built-in features these sights have.  I don't really remember the specifics of the IQ sight but most have a little sight window that has a dot in it.  That you are only be able to see if your anchor point is spot on.  If you cannot see it then you know your form is off from torque, grip, etc.  So your shot will not hit where you are aiming.

There is an add-on device called the Anchor Sight that can be used with any sight to allow you to shoot peepless.  There are pros and cons with shooting peepless just like anything else.

I don't think you will necessarily get better accuracy with a more expensive site but you will get quicker setup and adjustments. I also like a site with fully contained fibers so they don't get trashed in heavy brush :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back