Single bevel broadhead

mandrroofing

Apr 23, 2013
Been reading that a single bevel head get better bone penatration.anyone have any thoughts or experiences using a single bevel,i was looking at dirtnap heads...

Matt
I too have read that the single bevel BH are better at splitting bone.
If I was to switch, I would use Helix broadheads

<!-- m --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.stricklandsarchery.com/helix.aspx\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">http://www.stricklandsarchery.com/helix.aspx</a><!-- m -->

I know that Rudy @Huntography has had great success using them on elk and deer

my friend shoots the Helix. it is a bloodbath when one of those things hit a turkey. it really opens them up..even bad shots seem to \"plow them to death\".

the downside, i think my friend is 100% in losing the arrow after the shot. it doesnt seem to slow down any..if at all.

he sent one at a big deer and i watched..holding my breath, dreaming of big swaths of blood leading me to the deer final thrashing place..but he missed!! i dont think they are an inexpensive broadhead.

Indeed Brad.

Whitetail
5ba1ae7f8a7ebb1b8647ef4aedcda1ac.jpg

Elk
257bb1338bb3df5572057707fab3535d.jpg

Love the Helix!

Rudy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apples to apples if you ask me. Unless your poundage/arrow weight are very low, I doubt you\'d ever see any difference using single bevel as opposed to any other sharp head. If you are talking for a low poundage stickbow then MAYBE there\'d be a difference but if you\'re shooting a compound over 60 # we\'re splitting hairs here. The DN do look like decent heads but I think there are better out there and certainly more proven.

Bowtech CPXL using Easton FMG Deep Six 125 gr Helix heads.

This combo works amazingly well for me.

Complete pass through and animals died within 20 yards of impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds great, I\'m going to definitely pick me up a pack. why don\'t more people use a single bevel just too out of the normal for people?

Update picked up some helic single bevel.i feel my bow is tuned fairly well and these heads fly really well shooting from 60 yard\'s both field points and helix hitting togather
4ecf114a0907cf541875d07d37afaae9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back