Single or multi

VTHOKEE

Mar 4, 2016
Who prefers a single pin to a multi and why?
Me personally when still hunting or hunting out of a homemade ground blind I prefer a multi pin for the simple fact of minimal movement. If I am hunting in a tree stand I think a single pin would be a good option because you have a better chance of seeing the animal before it gets to your shooting area.

Right now im running the spot hogg hunter with 7 pins.i just went to smaller pins and that made it much better.i may still remove a pin for two to help make my sight picture not look so \"busy\" at the moment of truth

I use a 5 pin. I have thought about a slider but have always thought that after so many years using a fixed I would forget about moving it.

I\'m a multi-pin guy ... but that\'s mostly because of the \"If it\'s not broke, don\'t fix it\"-Rule.

I\'m intrigued by the single pins out there, and for elk, they are attractive as most shots are within a reasonable 15-30 yards.

I also think that I would forget to set it to the right mark in the heat of the moment.

Missed a bull because of a single pin. He bolted at 20 and ran out to 50 and stood broadside. Didn\'t adjust the sight, just held over his back, which is where the arrow went. For me I am just as accurate \"gapping\" multiple pins as I am which a single pin slider. I shoot 5, 20-50 yds.

Shot five for the last 6 years. Just switched to a MBG 3pin slider. Its the most versatile sight ( the slider) IMO for elk hunters

\"otcWill\" said:
Shot five for the last 6 years. Just switched to a MBG 3pin slider. Its the most versatile sight ( the slider) IMO for elk hunters
I like the idea of that. I\'m assuming you site in the first three and then dial in the slider

Yep. I like being able to shoot out to 120 while practicing as well. It makes 60 seem like a chip

same sight as OTC..but i can only shoot out to 100. my sight only slides that far. i assume it\'s cuz my bow is not that fast. besides, i had an issue with my fletching hitting the sight ring at 100. i had to scooch all my pins down, so the ring goes up. fixed it. at 120 it would contact hard.

i blew up an arrow this past SAT because i forgot to move my slider from 40 to 60. duh!! so it happens. hope it never happens on a target animal.

When I bow hunted I used a 5 pins since I not only use it for sightin\' but as a rangefinder...

I\'ve always shot multi pin fixed sights. I picked up a 5 pin slider from CBE that also adjusts for 3rd axis. I wanted the slider in order to shoot at longer ranges as OTCWill does. I have been looking at 3 pin sliders, but when Cabela\'s had a sale for 1/2 off the CBE sight, I bought two - one for my primary and one for my back-up bow. Both of my old sights needed to be replaced anyway, as the fibers broke on a couple of pins while going through brush when hunting.

I didn\'t want a single pin, as I agree with vthokee about the movement when in closer ranges, say under 50 yds. For shots under 60 the 5 pins should cover me there. The slider will allow me to practice farther, and if I get good and confident and if conditions are right, to have the option at a possible longer shot.

I wanted a 3rd axis adjustment as well. I have 7 weighted points for CO bighorn and mountain goat, and may have to take some steep angled shots and want to be prepared for those situations.

I prefer a five pin sight. If the animal is in my shooting range, I can quickly choose the correct pin to place over the spot where I want to puncher his hide.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back