Single pin sight

IdahoElkHunter

Feb 24, 2014
What is a decent single pin sight? I've been looking at the spot hogg tommy hogg and black gold ascent ambush. I'm looking for something right around $200 or less that is a solid, highly adjustable sight.

You could find an HHA optimizer for that price if you do some shopping around.

Field staff - Athens Archery, HHA Sports, Benchmark Outdoors, and MTN OPS

Black Gold is the ticket if you're wanting both wicked solid and under $200 ($185 on the Elk101 store. The Ascent Ambush single pin would be my recommendation even if it's over $200.

http://blackgoldsights.com/sights-ascent-ambush

http://www.elk101.com/store/black-gold-ascent-ambush-archery-sight

thats a great price ^^^^^ im not a single pin guy at all but if i was id be in on that! love my five pin thought about moving to a 7 pin.

I just picked up the MBG Ambush and it is one of the best built sights I've ever owned! They will be my go to sight from here on out.

Rich Z said:
I just picked up the MBG Ambush and it is one of the best built sights I've ever owned! They will be my go to sight from here on out.

Sam with me over a year ago! and my sight still looks new! No problems with part getting loose. I believe their warranty is good. And if you want a bargain look on ebay, i got my mtb vengeance brand new for $95!

so went shooting yesterday and my single pin buddy first arrow four feet over the butt because he for got to adjust it this is my reason for not shooting single pin. now if it works for you great but when its crunch time and adrenaline is pumping i dont want to forget to dial the right yardage lol

cowboystl1 said:
so went shooting yesterday and my single pin buddy first arrow four feet over the butt because he for got to adjust it this is my reason for not shooting single pin. now if it works for you great but when its crunch time and adrenaline is pumping i dont want to forget to dial the right yardage lol

Just don't forget to shoot the right pin on your multi pin! I use a multi pin. I have forgot to change pins before and used my 20 yd for a 40 yd shot on a gopher, wow, embarrassing!

To me it really depends on how far you intend to shoot. I used a single pin for years for deer hunting. I would not use any marked distance and would set my pin to 25 yards in my "minds eye". Hold a little low or high accordingly. Worked great for me. Elk hunting I use multi pin and range finder. It's a different style of hunt for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back