Sitka or Kuiu Gear?

beran_10

Jan 17, 2013
Looking for some imput. I would like to hear from people that wear Sitka or Kuiu clothing. Or better yet, you've worn them both. I am trying to decide which to go with and have never tried either. Any imput would be appreiciated. Thanks!

I have only used Sitka so I can't help with Kuiu. Like any clothing company they will have good pieces of gear and other that are not so good. I have what I think is the perfect Sitka combination, core crew LS shirt, Jetstream vest, 90% jacket and mountain pants.

My biggest pet peeve with hunting clothing is noise.
Last year I hunted with someone who was wearing another Sitka pant model and it was too noisy compared to my mountain pants. The weakest part of Sitka gear in my opinion is their rain gear, but only because of how noisy their materials are.  They will however keep you bone dry and are very durable.

I am trying the Core Element rain gear this year. It will be a little heavier when wet but it will keep me A LOT quieter while stalking in the rain. 

Good luck with your search.......

Seriously, how can you go wrong with either one?

I have been in Sitka for a couple of years...it has proven very versatile, effective, and durable.
Love it...get out your wallet.

I also wearSitka for a couple years now and I love it.  Its quiet, durable and doesnt fade.  Like Ghost I too wear the same exact setup and it works wonders.

I dont think you can go wrong with either one. KUIU is less expensive but sometimes you have to get in line for the products. CamoFire usually has a sale on sitka so you can catch it for cheap but be on your toes because some sizes go fast.

Both are exceptionally high quality gear. Sitka offers several options to create the perfect system for you and your style of hunting, and offers more versatility overall.

Also, be aware that any Sitka you see on Camofire is discontinued product....they have some great deals for sure, but you won't see any current products offered there at a discounted price.

I have worn Sitka for a few years now myself.  I have found that all of their products are top of the line with regards to quality.  The rain gear can be a little noisy if you are planning on stalking animals up close.  However, the rain gear WILL keep you dry.  I hunted in a few heavy downpours while sitting in a tree stand last year and it kept me bone dry. 
Study all of the articles of clothing and find what would be the best system for your type of hunting.  You only need a few pieces to make an effective hunting system. 

Thanks for all the information guys! It really does help. I think I will probably be ordering Sitka Gear soon. I heard from another great source that Sitka gear, even in the tall sizes, can be a little short. I am 6'3" ish and just wondering if it will work. I was told that KUIU was a bit longer. But that might be splitting hairs. I think I like the camo patterns of Sitka a bit more. Thanks again for all the info. Happy Hunting!!!

I've been wearing KUIU for the last two years and will say it is awesome stuff! The Attack pants are the most comfortable pant I've ever worn. I highly recommend the entire system.

I like Sitka and have been wearing it for about 3 years now. I want to get a set of Kuiu as a backup though!

I have had both and the Kuiu is my favorite. It fits me better and uses higher quality fabric at a better price. Kuiu is always trying to lead the way in innovation as well. I wish I could have two of everything they make.

I also have both and my best thoughts are they are both great. nothing wrong with either brand I have several different pieces of both and love them all the same.

Never have tried Kuiu. Love my Sitka gear. Wish my jeans were as comfortable as the Mountain pants! Lol! Cant say enough about the comfort and durability of Sitka 

This season I purchased ASAT clothing and and in my opinion it's the best on the market, it work AWSOME, I was in rain,mud and snow. It kept me warm when it was cold and dry when it was wet,

Jg :)

I've been in Sitka for a few years now as well and one thing I really like is you can find an appropriate set-up for any condition.  I generally wear the same set-up as Ghost (Mountain Pant, Jetstream Vest and 90 Jacket).  I was so happy with the Mountain Pants, that I bought a pair for my hunting partner...they are my go-to for sure.  Additionally, I have enjoyed all of the gloves and find the Traverse anexceptionally versatile glove and was thrilled with the breathability yet warmth, when needed.  I tried some of the merino stuff this year and was also very happy with how it performed. 

It is true their raingear is a little bit on the noisy side (except the Coldfront), but keeps you dry and breathes well.  I just sold my Timberline Pants and ordered a set of Yukon pants... they weigh less, are waterproof throughout and based on the science, should have increased breathability.  It will be interesting to see what the noise difference is like to the Stormfront. 

From many of the reviews of KUIU, mainly their "Guide" line... users have found it a bit "noisy"... but keep in mind that KUIU was developed primarily for rifle hunters and for that design, it is probably exceptionally ideal gear. 

As far as packs go... KUIU all the way.  Their straps are significantly more comfortable and the frame (to me) provides much better support and weight distribution.  I've hunted with a Badlands 2200 (loved it, but a bit heavy), Ascent 14, Flash 20 and Bivy 45... but last year I had the KUIU 1850 and won't go back to anything else (just up to a 5200 bag...another bonus is the modular system). 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back