sitka vs. kuiu

IdahoElkHunter

Feb 24, 2014
How does kuiu fit in comparison to sitka? I've tried sitka gear on and found the right sizes (jacket:large, pants:34R) for myself. Being that kuiu only sells directly from their website, I have no clue what size I am in their gear. Does kuiu fit true to size, or similar to sitka gear in anyway?
Thanks!

I have nothing but KUIU, and love it. They have the way to size for gloves on their website as well as sizing for what the inseam is on pants... They fit just as well as a pair of denim of pants (comparatively speaking) for what you would expect... Now I do not know how Sitka fits well I don't own any and have heard they went down hill once they were bought out by GORETEX....

I own kuiu everything. I am 5'11 180.  I have a 33 waist and 34 pants work great (I have 3 pairs of Kuiu attack pants).  I wear their large size baselayers and shirts.  I do, however, wear their XL coats and vests.  I found this out the hard way as I had to send a few back over the last year.  Never worn XL until kuiu.  But, IMHO it is the best gear for the money.  Sizing is the only issue.  I wear attack pants, gaiters, merino 285 zip T, Guide DCS vest 80% of the time when archery elk hunting.  I have my Chugach or Guide coat in my pack at all times.
My hunting partner owns Sitka and has been equally satisfied.  I just don't like the open country pattern.  Verde works great on elk. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back