sleeping pads

I carry the Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite.  Have only used it one season, but makes a huge difference than going with a foam pad.  Do take the risk of possibly getting a hole, but there are patches if it does happen.  I used to use a very cheap foam pad I picked up from Wal Mart, and will never look back now.  The pro lite is super compact and lightweight.  They do make lighter though.

I used a Therma a Rest Trail Scout medium last year, and was very please with it, the weight was good at 1.5#, self inflates to 1 1/4" thick, and has an r-value of 3.7 and packs down small
I went with a self inflating pad so I could just throw it out, and not have to blow it up. I slept on it 9-nights in a row, very comfortable.

I have the Thermarest and the Big Agnes. I'd choose the insulated mummy big agnes as my recommendation. http://pinterest.com/aaaoutdoors/austin-s-hunting-gear/

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core has worked very well for years for me.
The Exped Synmat UL7 has worked well too, it weighs a bit less, but also is a bit less durable. Both companies have excellent customer service.
Stephenson's makes a fantastic down mat, will even custom size it for you.

I use an Exped Synmat UL. Best mat I have owned. Also own a Thermarest Prolite 4 and a NeoAir. But the Exped is the most comfortable, small when packed and most quiet pad I own. (NeoAir sounds like sleeping on crunchy potato chip bags)

Exped Synmat UL

I sleep on it when I get kicked out of the bedroom! And it's more comfortable than the bed! Will never own another pad.

Great choice No Limits. Check out the Exped Schnozzle Pumpbag. It is a multifunctiion pump for the Snymat UL. In addition to making it quick and easy to fill the pad, it keeps moisture and bacteria from oral inflation from turning your new pad into a petri dish. In my opinion, the best aspect of the Schnozzle is that it also serves as a water tight compression storage sack. I put my extra clothes in it, compress it down to save pack space, and know if I take a header into a stream I will have dry clothes. Anyone with a compatible Exped pad should check it out.

Thermarest prolite works well for me.  I also have a Thermarest neoAir, Definately agree with Lucas in WA, it's like a huge Sun Chip bag.

Check out the Big Agnes InsulatedQ-Core SL.  The mummy version is 16oz.  It is 3.5" thick and has an R rating of 4.5. And the best part is that its quiet.  This pad is like sleeping on a sleep number bed. Oh it compacts down super small as well.

lngbowflyr said:
Check out the Big Agnes Insulated Q-Core SL.  The mummy version is 16oz.  It is 3.5" thick and has an R rating of 4.5. And the best part is that its quiet.  This pad is like sleeping on a sleep number bed. Oh it compacts down super small as well.

Any idea where you can find one over 72"!!. haha frustrating when you cant fit on the dang thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back