Snowshoes???

airmanharv08

Jan 4, 2013
I just recently got back from a cow elk hunt in Southern Colorado cow hunt, and decided I want to a set. Any suggestions???

I don't have any real experience with snowshoes, but I have a friend who really likes his MSR Lightning Axis 30's. Might be worth a look.

We went and got some snow shoes at an auction for a great price.
I would suggest stopping by a store that rents them and try different sizes, and styles out. Here in the Boise area I take my 4-H kids to Benchmark, and to BSU, to rent. We have a snow shoeing outing every year. Our kids get to try out different shoes and different sizes. Figure out what size, style, and what you will be using them for the most, then save up your $ and get a pair. ;D

I have never really needed to use snowshoes.  Usually when i bow hunt elk the temperatures are really warm and the snow is long gone by then.

Well after posting earlier today i went out coyote hunting in the deep snow with no snowshoes and i wish i had some so come tomorrow I will go purchase some.

I'll definitely check out several types, just like any equipment I buy I'll try it out before I purchase it. Thanks for the replies!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back