So Long Ol Arky

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
I am sad to share that Phil, aka Ol Arky, has passed away. Phil has been a contributor on forums for a long, long time so I?m sure many of you recognize the name or have known him for quite a while. He loved hunting and elk hunting and still loved to chat about elk hunting even though his health had kept him from heading west for quite a few years. Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

8554c957149ad84576c179478b0c3ca6.jpg

Phil's been a 'forum friend' for many years. Sad to hear of his passing.

Back in 2016 when I went to Alaska moose hunting, Phil volunteered to post my daily hunt updates sent via InReach. I always thought that was very special.

May the ducks fly low and the bucks grow big 'OlArky'

I'm going to miss Phil a lot!
He was always positive and was great at cheering people on. Because of him I'll likely never loose my nickname of "Jake Slayer".....

You will be greatly missed!

Phil was a great help to me a long time ago when I was a greenhorn elk hunter. I never met him in person but through all the times we've talked I considered him a friend. I will miss our chats.

Phil will be missed for sure on this site. I pray for him and also for his family as they morn his passing.

If it helps any of us in our rememberance of him, Phil isn't gone. He is just scouting out heaven for our next big adventure together.

I knew Phil all the way back to the Elk Camp days. He was one of a kind and will be missed. Godspeed my friend now you can hunt the high country for eternity. God Bless Phil Weaver.

Sorry to hear this. I only talked to him on the forum but he was a man you knew would help you any way he could.

RIP, 

he was a fighter..always so upbeat even when he wasnt feeling that great.

Another great advocate for the sport and this family we love has been lost, and Phil will be sincerely missed.  It's up to all of us to ensure that, like Phil, we continue to support all those that are seeking knowledge and promote educating/advocating for hunting in a society that is progressively pushing back on our way of life.

dang.  I just saw this. 

a great guy.  sure wish I could have met him. 

he always had something uplifting to share. 

Godspeed, brother. 

Dang, I just saw this after searching for Arky on here to throw him a shout. I have known him since our elkcamp days. You will be missed buddy.
I just lost my dad last week, show him the good spots you have picked out!

:'(

cohunter14 said:
Sorry to hear about your father Jason. Condolences to you and your family.

Thank you. Like old Phil he was not doing good. However, he went the way he wanted and that is what is important.

Your goodheartedness will be missed Ol Arky.  May your family be blessed by memories of your life and great deeds.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back