so you scouting already?

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
my friends and i are.  they are mostly, since it is so much closer to their homes.

we have this sickness.  we all gravitate towards the WORST units in CAlifornia.  year before last was THE worst..this year..yup..almost as bad.

we found a crap load of deer.  we will go out for a 4 day weekend and try to map the water sources. 

i hope for a rifle hunt, but my friends think we should try archery.  it will be 115 deg during archery.  i dont like that.

I?ll do some scouting for deer in the next few weeks. May actually go tomorrow if the weather is decent. I?ll be shed hunting and almost always find some good sign from this fall?s rut. I?ll confirm some places and try to check out some new areas. I?m gonna try the trial version of Onyx on my phone to see if it?s something I may want to use out west this fall.

Yes sir! I've been scouting both elk and deer places for this year.
I've found a few spots that seem very neat and I can't wait to check out.  :upthumb:

Walked a farm today looking for sheds. I found a good setup to kill a buck, no sooner than I found that spot, he jumped up ahead of me. I?ll file that away and hopefully find his sheds when they drop to see how big he was. 

On another note, when I was leaving I seen about 30 in the field south of where I was walking. At least 4 were good bucks and still had both sides, no wonder I didn?t find any sheds :wink:

Rzrbac said:
Walked a farm today looking for sheds. I found a good setup to kill a buck, no sooner than I found that spot, he jumped up ahead of me. I?ll file that away and hopefully find his sheds when they drop to see how big he was. 

On another note, when I was leaving I seen about 30 in the field south of where I was walking. At least 4 were good bucks and still had both sides, no wonder I didn?t find any sheds :wink:

But you did get some exercise and enjoyed a beautiful day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back