Sorry about the spam!

Jun 9, 2014
Hey guys just wanted to say sorry about all the spam we're getting. Looks pretty bad this morning but we are aware of it and will get it removed asap! Apparently when we took over Elk101 and switched servers it opened the spam flood gates. We're trying to get it under control so we just ask for your patience and understanding until we do!

Thanks,

James and the Elk101 crew

OldMan said:
Can you make it harder for them to sign up?

We're trying to do that, but it's a double edged sword. If we make it like Fort Knox for a guy like you or I to sign up and post, then perhaps we seem like a snooty bunch of elk hunters that don't really want any newbie guys posting!

We think it has something to do with the server switch. We've been adding barriers to new sign ups and will continue to hone it. It's tough learning new software and fighting a spammer war at the same time!  We will prevail and keep Elk101 clean.

Is that the reason why when I reply to a post I have to type what letters I see, and answer whether elk have antlers or horns Ha Ha Ha.

RUTTIN said:
Is that the reason why when I reply to a post I have to type what letters I see, and answer whether elk have antlers or horns Ha Ha Ha.
That's definitely part of it! Obviously that alone hasn't worked so well so we're trying some further measures!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back