Sorry - I\'m back

JohnFitzgerald

Mar 31, 2014
I need apologize to my BTO family for my absence. I\'ve been diagnosed with diabetes and have spent the last few weeks trying to adapt to my new life style. As of today, I\'m happy to announce that I now weigh 145 lbs and look forward to a great season to come. :D :upthumb:

You\'re too much of a BA to let something like that get in your way.
To me you\'re a bulldog (not a size joke.....K, maybe a little size joke :lol: )

This will not stop you from putting massive elk down or calling in bigger ones for me. ;)

Good to hear you are getting things figured out John.

Is 145 light for you or a good weight?

Good to have you back - sucks about the diagnosis, but glad you are managing it. That can be a tough disease, my cousin on my wife\'s side lost his sight to it because he didn\'t change his diet and kept eating whatever he wanted (he is in his early 30\'s). Sounds like you have all that covered in your adjustments. Best wishes to you as you work through this!

Welcome to the club John. It is no reason you can\'t hunt. The biggest problem is getting too low blood sugars with all the exercise when hunting. I\'d like to know how you lost all that weight. I sure don\'t have any luck at it.

\"F M\" said:

I was 160 at the begining of January and it\'s been 10 years since I\'ve seen anything below 150. :upthumb:

\"JohnFitzgerald\" said:
\"F M\" said:

I was 160 at the begining of January and it\'s been 10 years since I\'ve seen anything below 150. :upthumb:

Good for you John! Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but glad you have got it under control :upthumb:

Your a rock star John and you`ll be just fine. Grandpa had it all his life and he was fine. Don`t let it get you down. Carry a juice box with you in your pack and just let your buddies know it`s there if you get blank looking or shaky. Often he would get dizzy as well.

We could always tell when Grandpa needed a boost.

Trav

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back