Speak Up For Public Lands Access.

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
http://www.change.org/petitions/speak-up-for-public-lands-access

The link above will bring you to a petition. It seems Montana is moving in the right direction in my opinion. Heres a short bit on what its about.....

To:
Judiciary Committee of Montana State Legislature

TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE:

HB 235-AN ACT REVISING LAWS RELATED TO TRESPASS; PROVIDING FOR AUTHORIZATION TO REMAIN LAWFULLY AT CORNER OF PARCELS creates a unique opportunity to increase access to public lands by allowing corner crossing where a person could cross over the top of a property corner from one property that was public or they had permission on to another property...

You can read more by clicking on the link provided above. Any Montana residents on here that have heard about this and care to share any information or opinions on the matter? Ran into this on another website earlier today and just thought I would share it with the elkaholics.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. As a hunter with no property it would be great for me to be able to do this, but some people might abuse the property they are crossing. And IF I owned property I don't know how I would feel about strangers always crossing my property. They should give it a year or two trial and see what happens.

MT_mulies - nobody is crossing private property under this bill.  Unless you count the airspace.  How is this going to damage property? 

If people are damaging private property, its going to be done regardless and they should be held responsible (ie punished to the fullest extent). 

I would like to hear why you think its a good thing a person has the ability to lock up public land when all a person has to do is hop a corner, never stepping foot on private, to access the adjacent public land?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back