spring bear hunting

Zpd307

Aug 7, 2017
can we talk about the ins and out of spring bear hunting in the mtns :D where to find them, when to find them, how to hunt them, etc.... the only way that I know to hunt them here in mn is by baiting and I don\'t plan on hunting that way. so far looking at Montana or Idaho.
my buddies brother in law went out to nw Montana in the first week of june. he said there was a lot of snow yet and the locals told him they were about a week or so too early. they did see some tracks and hear one snapping its teeth.

wy and idaho both have spring seasons. i was gonna go to wy and put a bait out but never got it done. i think both would be cool, but, you live in mn, why not kill one in the fall or go to manitoba in the spring. not that the others are bad choices, just curious.

scott, its a mtn thing. there are plenty of bear, here, in mn. I haven\'t gone yet.....

i can understand that for sure. i think idaho would be gorgeous, never seen it, but sure like the pics.

\"bnsafe\" said:
i can understand that for sure. i think idaho would be gorgeous, never seen it, but sure like the pics.
scott, Idaho has been good to me so far! very different from Colorado.... :upthumb:

nope..... i have too many irons in the fire..... and this years elk hunt has kind of turned me off to be willing to hike up and down a bunch of steep stuff, just to see nothing!
i am looking forward to seeing you guys again back at tims place :D

\"zpd307\" said:
and this years elk hunt has kind of turned me off to be willing to hike up and down a bunch of steep stuff, just to see nothing!

:think: :think: :think:
That\'s hunting!!!!
Sounds like 70% of every other elk hunter this year!

I have 10 months to turn you back into a positive pony! :train: :mg: :agg:

hahahaha!!!!!!
irons in the fire man! i have to choose my battles wisely!
i would rather come back with a couple of turkeys and a bunch of fun stories, than be tired and empty handed and be a sour puss.... again! :upthumb:

\"zpd307\" said:
i would rather come back with a couple of turkeys and a bunch of fun stories, than be tired and empty handed and be a sour puss.... again! :upthumb:

Now this I can agree with :upthumb:

Well maybe we can all get together and kill a hog. They look a little like bears and would be much easier to hunt :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back