Target

Oldcarp

Dec 29, 2012
I need opinions on broadhead targets. I havent had one last over two years. My bag target I use for field points I have had for 6 or so years and still use it.

man im not gonna lie i only shoot my broad heads once or twice to make sure they are still shooting the same otherwise im all field points

cowboy, A month before the hunt I have a couple broadheads I shoot with all my arrows to see how there shooting and just make sure there shooting the same. I have 4 boys that use it a lot. Like SpotnStalk I only get two years out of my block. Maybe I do shot my broadheads to much

I'm with cowboy I shoot a set of broadheads that are my final set up, then I change out the blades and I am good to go.  I will save one for in season practice,  just to be sure, but mine are tuned to within 1" of field points at 60 yards.  If something is wrong I know.  I guess total I put 20-25 broadheads into my block per year.  No point in blowing it up if I don't have too.

well honestly i think it is up to the shooter i have a buddy that is such a believer in his rage broad heads flying like field tips that he refuses to shoot a broad head unless its at a deer which he usually does and kills clean with good shots every time. and i have a cousin who shoots broad heads only and before the hunt changes his blades. Really im a believer that if im tuned in right that my arrows will fly the same broad head or not with my mechanicals i am sure of it when i shoot fixed blade i feel i have to double check on occasion. Mostly you have to feel confident in the woods when you let it fly to me that is a huge part of the shot. so if you want to shoot broad heads every time or once a season its your call but no matter what they say if you shoot a target a bunch with any broad head  your gonna replace it in a couple years if not every year.

Oldcarp said:
Im with Cowboy, How long does it last for you?

On the average I get just at two years out of a 18-1 and this is with shooting broadheads 1-2 times a week from Dec-March and than 3-4 times per week (20-30 Broadhead shots per day) April-Mid August.  I than take it to camp for Sept.
I also have a Brute that I shoot a fair amount.  The core is able to be changed, howeve I have not changed it yet but will here in the next few weeks.
The other advantage to a 18-1 is the entire target is about the same size as a Kill zone on a Bull.

I use Rhinehart targets and love them. They work well with broad heads.  I have about 1000 shots with my broad heads into my target and its starting to put a nice big hole into it but then again its time for a new target anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back