Tent with stove

woodardd

Apr 11, 2018
Has anyone modified a UL tent to support a wood stove in the vestibule section, or any other section for that matter?  I know Kuiu has the mtn refuge that attempted this.  However I haven?t heard a peep on imagine having success with those tents.  Something about the trekking poles being centered in the floor space seem to leave me wanting more.  Maybe a horizontal stove jack exit through the front or something of that nature.  I?m on the fence between a kifaru tipi and UL 3 tent for this reason.  Would like to have enclosed floor tent, but also a stove option if needed.  Thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I run the SO cimarron. It's been a good one, have a stove for the cold and a half nest for when its warm. I can backpack in with it or truck camp. Can't quite stand up in it but 90% there. Big enough I can set a helinox chair in there and put on boots, get dressed, eat, etc on the non nest side when I'm solo. Standing room would need to go to the redcliff.

Steven

I came across that same setup last night while looking.  Seems like the perfect one.  Have you ever been flooded out or get water running in on a bad rain? It looked like the floor of the nest was raised slightly on the sides.  I imagine keeping water out is all on where you set it up.  Thanks for the info!!

Also, what size tipi and stove do you have.  They have a bundle deal on a 8 person with XL stove, but that weight seems to add up.  I?m looking for size roomy enough for three people.

woodardd said:
I came across that same setup last night while looking.  Seems like the perfect one.  Have you ever been flooded out or get water running in on a bad rain? It looked like the floor of the nest was raised slightly on the sides.  I imagine keeping water out is all on where you set it up.  Thanks for the info!!

I haven't been flooded or had running water that I couldn't divert and I've put it in some pretty unleveled places. The stove I use is a 18" Lite Outdoors titanium and the nest is a custom from Bear Paw designs with a 4" bathtub floor. I prefer it because of the T zipper for entry as well as full height and width coverage of the side.

The Cimarron can sleep three with a stove but it's tight. Redcliff 4 and a stove is perfect but it's heavy for a solo trip, there's just not one perfect for all situations.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back