Thanks Elk101 Forums

Arnold PF

Jul 12, 2013
I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys that post on these forums. 

I am brand new to posting and I have wanted to bowhunt for elk for a number of years and am finally going to take the plunge this year after trolling this site for the last 2-years.  Over that time I have begun accumulating gear for backcountry bivy hunting thanks to the recommendations made on this site.  The knowledge freely shared here is pretty amazing and truly refreshing compared to some other forums. 

I have skied the West for the last 13 years and have always been amazed by the topography and the overall country.  I have never been to the West during the summer until this year when I convinced my wife that a good family vacation over the 4th of July should include a couple nights in elk country scouting! I have my dry run in the back country checked off, been shooting 60-100 arrows a night, and working out as hard as I ever had.  Only a couple more weeks to go!

As a triathlete and XC MTB racer, I just see this as another reason to stay in shape. 

Thanks to all of you I am the newest elkaholic in the midwest.

PF

Welcome to the addiction, precede with caution , next thing you know you will be finding a new job and moving west so you can be closer to your addiction .  ;) 

my wife sometimes talks about wanting to move east to be closer to her family, then I say "well, okay, it is going to cost me $X,XXX every year to come back to Colorado every week in the fall to go hunting...you still wanna move?"  that is the end of that conversation.  you'll have to kill me if you want to drag me out of prime elk country. 

hopefully you can make it out west someday soon PF.  good luck this year!

wapiti_will said:
my wife sometimes talks about wanting to move east to be closer to her family, then I say "well, okay, it is going to cost me $X,XXX every year to come back to Colorado every week in the fall to go hunting...you still wanna move?"  that is the end of that conversation.  you'll have to kill me if you want to drag me out of prime elk country. 

hopefully you can make it out west someday soon PF.  good luck this year!

Glad I'm not the only one who has their old lady pull that rubbish on. Don't get me wrong I love my wife but hunting was there before her and it will be there after her too.

+1 Arnold PF

I'm way over here in England, and even I'm getting myself motivated to be ready for WHEN (not IF) I cross the Atlantic to hunt elk with my bow...may be next year, or the year after, but it WILL happen  :)

As that nice Mr Hanes reminds us 'Keep Hammering'

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back