the ELK-TAG-LESS crew..let's talk. where now?

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
i havent drawn an elk tag since 2007. i'm getting strangely used to it.  at first i would spike my ballcap into the ground and stomp on it..(figuratively)..now?  older/wiser..i just take my refund money and put it to good use.

my plans.

1.NM whitewing dove hunt.  it times fairly well with my brother's elk hunt so good to go..in hindsight i should have just kept the $65 tag for the doves and small game.
2. AZ timberline squirrel hunt.  this is a backpack trip.
3. use my free landowner NM deer tag. try to get myself a meat-mulie.  this will probably coincide with a TX sandhill crane hunt.
4. AZ couse deer hunt.
5.springtime AK sooty grouse hunt in Juneau.
6. my OTC California archery deer..in the Mojave desert.

i do have a pretty cool wife.

this weekend, going turkey hunting. next weekend..hiking into the Sierra to catch the mountain trout spring thaw spawn..haha..

Boom said:
i havent drawn an elk tag since 2007. i'm getting strangely used to it.  at first i would spike my ballcap into the ground and stomp on it..(figuratively)..now?  older/wiser..i just take my refund money and put it to good use.

my plans.

1.NM whitewing dove hunt.  it times fairly well with my brother's elk hunt so good to go..in hindsight i should have just kept the $65 tag for the doves and small game.
2. AZ timberline squirrel hunt.  this is a backpack trip.
3. use my free landowner NM deer tag. try to get myself a meat-mulie.  this will probably coincide with a TX sandhill crane hunt.
4. AZ couse deer hunt.
5.springtime AK sooty grouse hunt in Juneau.
6. my OTC California archery deer..in the Mojave desert.

i do have a pretty cool wife.

this weekend, going turkey hunting. next weekend..hiking into the Sierra to catch the mountain trout spring thaw spawn..haha..

Well, I am now vegan and traded my hunting gear for shoes made of recycled recycling bins.

all jokes aside, this is my list:

Spring turkey in ND
Elk in Montana if I draw, Colorado if not
Whitetail rifle in North Dakota
Archery Mule Deer in North Dakota
Archery Antelope in South Dakota
Archery Mule Deer in South Dakota
Fall Turkey in North Dakota
Antelope rifle North Dakota

Everything is OTC with the exception of antelope/rifle deer/turkey in ND, but I don't think a lot folks apply for the deer unit I hunt and antelope has some tough odds too.

I too have an awesome wife who will be hunting her own tags, or along for the ride on mine!

I didn't/won't draw one, but will be picking up 2 OTC... Does that count?

Spring turkey in UT
Archery elk in UT x2 (one bull, one antlerless)
Antelope in WY
Deer in UT
Deer in CO

In the rad wife club... She'll be with a tag as well on the UT deer and WY antelope hunts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not tossing in the towel just yet for CO elk - awaiting word from the landowner if he drew any limited PLO tags.  If so, his family will use and I can still get the general PLO tags that I've been using the last 4-5 years.  If he doesn't draw the limited tags, it's possible he'll ask to use "my" two tags for his nephews.  Won't know for another month.

Deer in Oklahoma(bow and rifle)

Long shots:
Limited deer draw in OK
Limited antelope draw in OK
Very limited elk draw in OK

Hit enter too soon.

X3 on the super cool wife too!  She loves to get outdoors and rifle hunts but also supports my addiction and need to hunt solo during archery season.

colorado russ said:
Not tossing in the towel just yet for CO elk - awaiting word from the landowner if he drew any limited PLO tags.  If so, his family will use and I can still get the general PLO tags that I've been using the last 4-5 years.  If he doesn't draw the limited tags, it's possible he'll ask to use "my" two tags for his nephews.  Won't know for another month.

Deer in Oklahoma(bow and rifle)

Long shots:
Limited deer draw in OK
Limited antelope draw in OK
Very limited elk draw in OK

Did you do multiple deer or just one selection? I did the you know what muzzy hunt, but now I kind of regret not doing Wichita rifle buck tags..

Dan, I only put in for a SWA deer tag.  I think you take a doe then get an opportunity for a buck if I remember correctly.  It's not in the Wichita hunt - closer to my house so I can go scouting if drawn.  No Muzzleloader so didn't put in for you know where deer hunt.

I think I did doe only for antelope as the # of buck tags was very small.  Cimarron county so if I draw you're going to be getting a call!  :)

colorado russ said:
Dan, I only put in for a SWA deer tag.  I think you take a doe then get an opportunity for a buck if I remember correctly.  It's not in the Wichita hunt - closer to my house so I can go scouting if drawn.  No Muzzleloader so didn't put in for you know where deer hunt.

I think I did doe only for antelope as the # of buck tags was very small.  Cimarron county so if I draw you're going to be getting a call!  :)

Definitely let me know!
I saved a guys number that I met out there. He oversees about 35K acres of private and can give permission to hunt there on top of the public We can definitely get you set up.

I'll be heading out there early Oct for OTC archery antelope....

Well, I am now vegan and traded my hunting gear for shoes made of recycled recycling bins.

Thanks for the tip! I'm now using my cat's used liter to exfoliate my face when I get a histamine reaction from the gmo soy milk I eat with my vegan captain crunch?works great! I also take a synthetic pill which doesn't work, but makes me feel good because the company doesn't use animal products. 

I'm starting a animals for animals rights group. We're lobbying lions first since they feel so "ego-centric" and should "love all species".  You should join!   

DEEF said:

Thanks for the tip! I'm now using my cat's used liter to exfoliate my face when I get a histamine reaction from the gmo soy milk I eat with my vegan captain crunch?works great! I also take a synthetic pill which doesn't work, but makes me feel good because the company doesn't use animal products. 

I'm starting a animals for animals rights group. We're lobbying lions first since they feel so "ego-centric" and should "love all species".  You should join! 
hahaha..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back