the truly professional contractor.

elky McElkerson

Mar 13, 2014
what an experience!! night and day from the a-holes i typically hire. i usually pull from the pool of license/bonded guys..but to really get a pro outfit is fantastic.

my wife is having work done. front yard just got remodeled..contractor got all paperwork in order, called underground utility services..had a outhouse delivered, and a job debris box. they totally blew up our front yard and put back in a new one..not a single evening did i come home to a mess. they cleaned up every night. dirt was in a neat covered pile, gravel another..etc. and this was the stuff they were hauling away!! they separated the spoils to be disposed of (or reused) properly!! they also sent enough guys to get the work done. one week..poof, new yard.

i had a tree removed in the backyard, yesterday. i got three bids, and went with the lowest actually..not on price. they were all within $100 of each other. the guy was nice, and professional. told me what kind of tree it was and everything. took 6 weeks for them to show up. but i was scheduled right away for June 13th..and they showed up..called me to let me know what time..on time to the minute. it was the same estimate guy running the tree crew. i kid you not..they sent a guy into the tree with ropes and in 20 minutes the tree was gone!! they picked up every single leaf!! okay, i think i found 10 leaves under a tarp. the owner showed up 30 minutes later and ground out the stump. he cleaned up again. it was like i never had a tree!

now the back yard is ready for the landscaper to come back to do the backyard. that work should start late august. yikes.

It is always nice to find someone who does good respectable work. :upthumb:

When I do tree removal I rake the leaves and sticks and sweep any sidewalks or driveways. I try to leave it as clean or cleaner than when I started. :)

Just like in the mountains. I carry my trash out and sometimes trash left by some A hole. :x

wow, that kind of service is hard to find, hope you let em know it was noticed and appreciated.

After my lay off last summer I picked up some side work, labor work, and got to the point I couldn\'t pick up any more work. Hell, I could have hired a few people and kept them busy all summer. There were a few things that helped, answering my phone or making sure to return a phone call during my lunch break if I was on a job. Being polite but mostly being on time and finishing the work within the time frame I had quoted. Being personable if engaged. I was putting down rock in a ladies front yard. It was a week\'s worth of work. The first day she stayed outside to monitor my work and chatted with me, the second day she enjoyed the shade in her back yard some but would come visit with me. By the third day she was asking me to sit with her and enjoying lemonade and wanting to to tell me all about her past. Of course, I had work to get done but she found some shade and kept chatting. By day four I had jobs with two of her neighbors. I finished early on that Friday and received a substantial tip from her.

In a time of being unemployed I was pretty humbled going back to manual labor but I noticed that if I just treated people like I would want to be treated I was staying very busy and making a decent amount of money. Unfortunately, my aching back and knees reminded me that doing that day in and day out was going to be pretty rough. I still receive phone calls or messages asking if I am available for some side work. :lol: I may have to do some to quickly pay for that new Tenzing 5000 I want so badly! :!:

\"Lark Bunting\" said:
After my lay off last summer I picked up some side work, labor work, and got to the point I couldn\'t pick up any more work. Hell, I could have hired a few people and kept them busy all summer. There were a few things that helped, answering my phone or making sure to return a phone call during my lunch break if I was on a job. Being polite but mostly being on time and finishing the work within the time frame I had quoted. Being personable if engaged. I was putting down rock in a ladies front yard. It was a week\'s worth of work. The first day she stayed outside to monitor my work and chatted with me, the second day she enjoyed the shade in her back yard some but would come visit with me. By the third day she was asking me to sit with her and enjoying lemonade and wanting to to tell me all about her past. Of course, I had work to get done but she found some shade and kept chatting. By day four I had jobs with two of her neighbors. I finished early on that Friday and received a substantial tip from her.

In a time of being unemployed I was pretty humbled going back to manual labor but I noticed that if I just treated people like I would want to be treated I was staying very busy and making a decent amount of money. Unfortunately, my aching back and knees reminded me that doing that day in and day out was going to be pretty rough. I still receive phone calls or messages asking if I am available for some side work. :lol: I may have to do some to quickly pay for that new Tenzing 5000 I want so badly! :!:

I have so many buddies who fund their hunting addiction by side jobs!
Whether it\'s cutting grass, landscaping, or other types of odds and ends, they do it all and it works great!

It\'s the best way to do it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back