Thrive to be your BEST Challenge

Kdkehoe

Aug 9, 2017
My local Missoula MT Archery shop, Straight6 Archery, is posting this challenge - Thrive to be your best. (Copied from site)

Thrive to be your best is going to be a 6 week wight loss competition. We wanted to bring you this friendly competition in a way to prepare everyone for the upcoming 2018 season. Slacking in the offseason will hinder you  in the hunting season. In order to do this, we need to get into the hills now and start hiking, shooting, and putting yourself in hunting situations so you know exactly what to do when the shot of a lifetime is presented! This competition is a $15 entry fee which all of the proceeds will go to the non profit of the winners choice. Straight 6 Archery will then match 100% of the total to make the donation in the winners name. The winner will also  take home a free G5 Thrive bow, which is the new hunting bow built off the Prime platform. 6 weeks seems like a long time but the time is to act NOW! So register here, and THRIVE TO BE YOUR BEST!

Download and fill out THIS BODY MEASUREMENT SHEET
Purchase an entry fee to the challenge below
Email the Body Measurement Sheet to Straight6 Archery (straight6archery@gmail.com)
Take a photo of yourself alongside this DAY 1 PHOTO SHEET and post your picture to Instagram using the hashtag #thrivetobeyourbest and make sure to tag Straight 6 Archery, G5, and Prime.
(This is optional but gives you a much better chance of winning)
Work hard for 6 weeks.  Eat Your Best, Work Your Best, Practice Your Best, BE YOUR BEST!  This will pay huge dividends come bow season!
After 6 weeks, take a photo of yourself alongside this DAY 42 PHOTO SHEET and post your picture to Instagram using the hashtag #thrivetobeyourbest and make sure to tag Straight 6 Archery, G5, and Prime.
(This is optional but gives you a much better chance of winning)
Competition Judges include Casey Smith, Mike Collins at G5 and Brian Anderson at G5
We will let every one know who one and how successful their Thrive To Be Your Best Challenge was!

This is a great cause, a great challenge and even if you don?t get first you?re pushing yourself and will be in better shape because of it!  Check it out either on Instagram or their website http://straight6archery.com/thrive-to-be-your-best-challenge/

I'm just going to donate $15 for the cause.

I'm actually doing the opposite right now and clean bulking. I don't think that would win me a weight loss contest! haha

Awesome!  I need to drop some weight then bulk back up myself. But the cause is worthy.  PLUS whomever does win will get a killer bow!

Kdkehoe said:
Awesome!  I need to drop some weight then bulk back up myself. But the cause is worthy.  PLUS whomever does win will get a killer bow!

Kdkehoe,

Disclaimer: This is not an advertisement

If you want to drop some fast weight, eat clean and feel 100% better, try the Whole30 diet for this competition, mixed with exercise/weight training.

Basically, it's no dairy, no grains, no legumes, NO SUGAR for 30 days. I am 6' with an athletic build and was pushing 215lbs for a while. Yes, I fell victim to the ever-present "Dad-bod." I started running several days a week and hitting the gym a few days a week. I lost about 20lbs but it took about a year of hard work. Of course, I was eating whatever I wanted the whole time. I just completed this Whole30 diet, and continued my weight training, and dropped the final (stubborn) 10lbs that I was trying to get rid of. I'm now at the perfect weight, feeling shredded and healthy! 185lbs of lean muscle. No belly fat. Benching 300lbs. My wife has dropped over 30lbs on the Whole30 diet. She did it in August, losing about 10lbs, and then just started eating healthier ever since and dropped another 20 over the last several months. It's not as hard as it sounds. You like steak and some asparagus? Great! How about some chicken breast, carrots and sweet potatoes? Easy! After you stop eating crap sugar food all day, real food actually starts to taste good. This is not a commercial, but a real-life tip for you to crush that challenge, win a new bow, and kick some elk butt this coming Fall. Good luck!

This also is not an advertisement!
Just another testimonial on The Whole30 way of eating.
My wife and I started almost three years ago exactly. Even though Whole30 is not a weight loss diet We both lost about 10lbs over the 30 days. After 2 weeks of no sugar of any type and no grains that quickly convert to sugar we were both jumping out of skin with energy. At the end of 30 days we felt so good we just kept going for several more months and slowly added a little dairy (homemade yogurt). I lost 50lb and my hottie wife lost 30lb over about 6 months. I recommend the book ?It Starts with Food? by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. They teach you why and how to do it. Also some good planning and recipe ideas. Then I highly recommend getting Well Fed and Well Fed II cook books by Melissa Joulwan. They are full of gourmet recipes that lend themselves well to game meat and most are Whole30 compliant.
We only cook two or three times a week and then we eat leftovers for lunch plus another dinner or two. It does take some planning and no cheating. But well worth it.
Btw, I?m 63 and my wife is 56. My younger brother(61)and I  bury most of the young guys in the mountains.
Good luck with your contest. Go and win that bow!

Awesome thanks for the tips guys!!  Anything to get an edge on being better in shape for season for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back