Tips for Applying in Wyoming

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
Corey recently put together a video on his strategy for applying in Wyoming. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIWcEpWHQU&t=32s

Comment below with any questions or thoughts!

Everyone should realize that all the data you get and review - either free or purchased - is ONE YEAR OLD.

No way can any of these services predict how many people will apply, what unit they will apply for, etc.

Its all based on history.

Agree with you Brad that they are predicting based on history, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do. There's enough historical data that they should easily be able to get close with their guess, assuming nothing drastic changes. Nothing is guaranteed, but the predictions should be close. I'm not sure how Go Hunt does it as I've never had their service, but any math whiz or a computer program could calculate that with a pretty high percentage of being correct.

What I have a hard time understanding is how they can predict trophy potential. That one makes me scratch my head a bit.

Also,

On the WGF website - under the Hunt Planner Section - they now have Hunt Area info, Job Completion Reports, Harvest Reports [All Types 1,4,6,9], Draw Results, Public Access Info, Mapping Resources and interactive maps.

All this is FREE

Be sure to check out the Job Completion Reports if nothing else.

Between the Wyoming site, TopRut and HF, you?ll find different stats for the same unit. Get very confusing/frustrating!

My thought is that $100 (if you account for the $50 in store credit) for a service that does that much research for you would be well worth it...especially if you don't live in the western states.  I plan to use them next year when I finally remember to save enough money (hopefully) to apply in January for Wyoming.

Exactly what f16 has posted, well worth it to know there is factual and useful data backing up a 1500 mile + journey !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back