Tips for archery accuracy

I\'m newer at this but what I have found is, just like anything, it all starts with fundamentals. You need to start with a tuned bow, a solid grip, and a consistent anchor point or you will never get your broadheads to consistently hit with your field points and you will never be a consistent shooter either. Once you get that part figured out, consistency seems to come very easy, even if you take some time off from shooting. My two cents and I doubt it\'s even worth that much!

Grip, grip, grip...

My old bow was less finicky with the grip but my new bow as all about consistency with my grip.

And. Exaggerate the follow thru. Keep your bow arm up until you hear the arrow hit the target. I found I was dropping to fast to watch the arrow hit and my shots kept wandering low.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Follow-through for me, too.

If I send a shot poorly, it\'s to the left, or (more commonly) down.

That is to say: Poor follow-through.

And what\'s the \"Cure\" for poor follow-through you guys have found?

I have found \"Concentrate on destroying the target\" to be a temporary cure. Yet, I find it difficult to maintain. I go from \"killer\" mode to \"game\" mode too quickly.

It just makes me mad ... with experience, I KNOW that I\'m capable of devastating accuracy. Yet, it often isn\'t there.

I\'d like to think it\'s an \"equipment failure\" (like a release issue) or \"form issue\" (like a bad grip or anchor point) but in my heart, I know: It\'s a concentration-thing.

I.e. \"discipline\".

Learn to look at the spot you want to hit. Do your best to ignore the pin. Your subconscious will actually learn what you want to do and it will control the pin an allow you to just look at the spot on want to hit. Sounds crazy but when I shoot my best I couldn\'t care less about the pin. I am only concerned with pulling through my shot. If I have good form, keeping my front shoulder down and pull through the shot the arrow will hit the spot. In reality your arrow will hit find the dot even when your pin has drifted off. It is amazing but it does. Don\'t try to hold the pin perfectly still. You can\'t. Hold it as still as your ability and then don\'t worry about the movement.

If you can tolerate pin movement you have the difficult part of shooting a bow licked. After that point you are simply refining your craft.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They say: \"Work on one thing at a time\", meaning work on your grip, or release, or follow-through.

What are the things that you say to yourself \"Tonight, I\'m going to work on \'X\'\"?

For me: Follow-through is what I\'m working on now, and it really helps.

\"Anchor point consistency\" and \"Keep the front shoulder down\" are on the list, too.

What\'s on your list?

some good stuff!!

just in case a newbie is reading this: none of this matter if your bow doesnt fit you. that is paramount.

\"Bowfreak\" said:
Learn to look at the spot you want to hit. Do your best to ignore the pin. Your subconscious will actually learn what you want to do and it will control the pin an allow you to just look at the spot on want to hit. Sounds crazy but when I shoot my best I couldn\'t care less about the pin. I am only concerned with pulling through my shot. If I have good form, keeping my front shoulder down and pull through the shot the arrow will hit the spot. In reality your arrow will hit find the dot even when your pin has drifted off. It is amazing but it does. Don\'t try to hold the pin perfectly still. You can\'t. Hold it as still as your ability and then don\'t worry about the movement.

If you can tolerate pin movement you have the difficult part of shooting a bow licked. After that point you are simply refining your craft.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I\'ve really taken this to heart this year and it is finally starting to click.

I take a fine permanent marker and number my arrows on one of the vanes. This way if I have a arrow that\'s wandering I can see if its the same arrow or if its just me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back