Tire chains

Army of Dad

May 12, 2018
We are hunting southern Wyoming for the last two weeks of September.

We are driving up from Texas and think it might be a good idea to have tire chains in case of an unexpected snow storm.

We?ve never had cause to use chains down here and I have no idea about types. Doing a quick search I see some cheaper ones that say ?cable tire chains?. Those make me wonder if I?m getting what I pay for...

Any thoughts about type to get or advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think cable ones will help much at all other than maybe on packed snow/ice.  In deep snow or mud, the larger the chain the better.  If you have larger tires like me, the best option out there (in my opinion) is to get a set of v-bar chains for a semi-truck and cut them down to the length you need for your tires.  Those are beefy as hell, will last a lifetime, and usually have the cam locks (also highly recommended for cinching them super tight), but will be pricey if you can't score a good deal on a new or used set.  You can also spend less and get the same style (v-bar w/cam locks) for pickup trucks in your tire size, they are just not quite as beefy as the semi ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back