Tired of sleeping in a Tent question

DudeLebowski

Aug 25, 2017
I am at that age now that tent sleeping takes it out of me.. How many of you guys have moved over to a camper/trailer/5th wheel/motorhome? Out of these what are some of the pros and cons you have experienced?  :think:

2fa6cea2c67b97fe5366a43cd574edb2.jpg

fc2b200d4a77f252b93e97b34b492638.jpg

The areas that I hunt all over the US I can do so from my trailer. 

I can list many of pros when it comes to my trailer.

Hardened shelter, a comfy bed, easy and quick climate control, a shower, quick cooking, security, etc.

It sounds posh and I don't really care..... when I want to have the most energy possible for my hunts the trailer helps me get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I'm jealous of Dan's setup, there are definitely ways to sleep comfortably while camping, assuming you aren't packing in. Check out the Cabelas XL cot and the matching cot pad...it will be the best couple hundred dollars you ever spend. Add a big, warm sleeping bag and I guarantee you will get some good rest!

I got a nice travel trailer also but it is a PITA to haul long distances! 

Also got the Cabelas XL cot, pad and a nice bag.  Need a nice tent or shelter to go with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have had my Davis Wall tent for a long time now. Xl cot and -35 degree sleeping bag. Wood burning stove. Been in minus degree weather and blizzards and never been concerned. A lot easier to get back in where others don?t go.

Rdub said:
Have had my Davis Wall tent for a long time now. Xl cot and -35 degree sleeping bag. Wood burning stove. Been in minus degree weather and blizzards and never been concerned. A lot easier to get back in where others don?t go.
Isn't dragging that cot, stove and heavy tent an issue?  Or do you have a outfitter haul it out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

toadmeister said:
Rdub said:
Isn't dragging that cot, stove and heavy tent an issue?  Or do you have a outfitter haul it out?

I'm guessing he means in comparison to people with trailers. With a wall tent, you are only limited by how far your truck can go. If he has an XL cot and wood burning stove, I'm guessing he isn't dragging it back into the wilderness, but I've been wrong before  :-D

Can get my truck two miles or so in on what is called an access road from the last pavement. Set up camp there. Use my quad to get another two to three miles in. Stash the quad and hunt all day on foot in further. Have chains for the truck when it all turns slick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back