Torn ACL ?

ronco

Apr 17, 2014
Has anybody torn their ACL ? Got kicked by my horse last November and he did some damage. What did you do to strengthen your leg and how long did it take to heal? I didn\'t get operated on, also had a fracture and damaged the meniscus (sp)?

damn horses..... i was trimming hooves last fall, i had the hoof resting on my knee while i was filing it down. my pesky horse pushed down hard with his hoof and f\'d up my knee...... it still aches

A fracture, torn ACL and torn meniscus? I don\'t think there is any set idea to give you on how long those injuries will take to heal ... too many variables ... I\'m assuming since you know it\'s not something that\'ll be operated on, you\'ve already talked to your orthopod.

Left knee? Time to practice your off-side mounts, it sounds like!

\"zpd307\" said:
damn horses..... i was trimming hooves last fall, i had the hoof resting on my knee while i was filing it down. my pesky horse pushed down hard with his hoof and f\'d up my knee...... it still aches

In 2002 I got my left arm kicked by a different horse. I was packing out a deer and he jumped across a creek and the saddle shifted. Came up on the side and got me on the fore arm. It was bent back I could of scratched my left elbow with my left hand. Straightened it out and put 2 pine branches and a ace bandage around it. I was out of work for 10 weeks and have 3 plates and 20 screws in my arm. the Doctor that operated on me raised horses and he said there are only 2 kinds of horse people, the that are hurt and the ones that are going to be hurt.

\"Deertick\" said:
A fracture, torn ACL and torn meniscus? I don\'t think there is any set idea to give you on how long those injuries will take to heal ... too many variables ... I\'m assuming since you know it\'s not something that\'ll be <a class=\"ktg6us78hf8vdu7\" style=\"padding: 2px; border-radius: 2px; border: 1px solid rgb(247, 226, 94); border-image: none; display: inline; background-color: rgb(255, 247, 193);\" href=\"javascript:void(0)\"><u style=\"border-bottom-color: currentColor; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;\">operated</u></a> on, you\'ve already talked to your orthopod.

Left knee? Time to practice your off-side mounts, it sounds like!

Nope tired of getting hurt, sold them all, bought a game cart and pack frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back