Trading Gear

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
Has anyone re evaluated their gear list after the season and found they could make improvements? I am at that point and wondering what I should do to better the pack list. Is it worth selling these products and then in turn buying new ones? It crossed my mind that others may have this problem as well. So why not try and trade some stuff? Has anyone ever tried this or came across a site that allows it?

Probably what I will have to do. Some of the gear I am referring to are things like:
Bear Spray-15oz and trade of for a 7 oz.
Head lamp-Also looking for a lighter model. Less batteries required. Things that might be better off kept anyway.

Just using examples like that. Maybe others want to speak up and discuss a list of do's and dont's for their hunting styles.

Things I am looking at improving besides those are a tent loft to hold gear and dry things out in my tent. I found my tent breathes well enough. Happened a few times leaving things out to dry during the dayonly to come back to wet gear after rain moved through.
Suppression strap for my bag would help add more room to my pack. Didn't have room issues yet but maybe for an extended stay beyond 9 days.

I am really looking at getting a spotting scope. I have yet to ever buy nice glass and want to add this to my list. 50mm or 65mm vortex razor HD. I have even looked at the viper 65 but after talking with a few the price difference is worth it for the clarity.

I have heard the distance for the 50 is 2.5 miles. Where the 65 reaches out to 4 miles. What have others found if any experience in these models? Also other details to consider for me are the angled vs straight. Looking for opinions so speak up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back