Trail Cams

frankh_541

Aug 9, 2013
Are trail cams really worth it? Ive been hunting the same unit for a few years and have yet to have a hard time finding the elk, deer, or bear for that matter. I have never used a trail cam and cannot decide when I go up in a month to do some cat hunting if I should go buy a couple and put them up...

its a nice way to see whats going on when you are not there but its also away to get hung up on the big boy you only see on camera and not pursue anything else lol

I see trail cams as a tool, an effective tool for myself, It gives me a good indication on the quality and quanitity of animals in the area. Also provides a little insight when animals are most active, which allows you to better understand their watering or grazing patterns. Also it nice to have tons of pictures of elk, deer, bear, turkeys and livestock.

I love my trail cameras. They help me pattern animals and see if its worth the time to hunt the particular area.  It has paid of in the past.

Trail Cams are a must for me, whether Elk or Deer hunting. If you are not sure about spending a bunch of cash, check out Camofire.com they will have some up every once an awhile and you can at least save a little gas money.

HuntTheFront said:
Trail Cams are a must for me, whether Elk or Deer hunting. If you are not sure about spending a bunch of cash, check out Camofire.com they will have some up every once an awhile and you can at least save a little gas money.

wing supply has some deals as well as the sportsmans guide and of course cammo fire has great deals on gear

I checked out WingSupply, they seem to be higher priced from Camofire, granted Camofire doesn't always have tons in stock, but compared with what they both had, wingsupply was more expensive from what I could tell. But they have some great deals, that is for sure.

HuntTheFront said:
I checked out WingSupply, they seem to be higher priced from Camofire, granted Camofire doesn't always have tons in stock, but compared with what they both had, wingsupply was more expensive from what I could tell. But they have some great deals, that is for sure.

i buy from both i got two covert cams from wing supply 67$ each and 2 stelth cams from Camo fire 56$ each any camera under 70$ is great in my book

I have a lot of fun with trail cams. It gives me a good excuse to hike in where I put them and get my butt in shape

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back