Tree stands

planebow

Dec 29, 2012
How many of you use tree stands and where do you set up, wallows. water holes. or routes to and from bedding areas

I did for whitetail when I lived in the midwest and still have one, but haven't found that spot for elk hunting that it was worth the effort to pack it in, put it up and climb into it.  When elk are consistently hitting farmer's fields, it can be valuable.

I shot this years Bull from a Tree stand.

I set up over a Wallow that i found the past season, it was in heavy timber and about a Mile below  there bedding area.

I would give a few Cow calls every Thirty minutes are so and it Finally paid off when some curious cows came in and was followed by a nice six point.

The Hardest part is having the patients of staying put!

My dad was sitting and I was calling one morning for about 2 1/2 hours before my dad looked up to stretch and saw a guy in a tree stand just sitting there looking at him. It was kindof funny, I told my dad to watch out on Youtube for a video of him falling asleep while sitting on a stump.

I hunt whitetails out of a treestand every year. I used a treestand for elk hunting for about 3 years.  It worked out great. My dad killed a nice 5x6, and I shot a 6x6 out of the same stand the following year.  If setup in the right spot, treestands can be very effective for elk hunting.

I have thought about using one but i dont hunt enough white tail and plus i like to be on the ground moving around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back