Trophy Taker X-treme FC Pro

lavacrawler

Dec 30, 2012
So Its time to set-up my new bow now and for awhile I've really been impressed with the rip cord arrow rest but a couple of the guys at the local archery shop have switched to this new Trophy Taker and highly recommended it. Being that they are fairly close in price I'm not sure if its worth a try or should I stick with "if its not broke don't fix it" and stay with the rip cord. Any one have any experience or thoughts on the Trophy Taker.
Thanks

it doesn't list anything about a lockdown feature on their website which is crucial for a drop away so you don't get bounce back and fletching contact.  rip cord was the first that I know of to offer this.  another thing I have always liked about them is they only have one model.  I have always liked companies that only have one model because it means they don't give in to marketing and put everything into their one product

that said i don't know anything about this rest.  it could be awesome but I don't see myself getting rid of my rip cord anytime soon.

I haven't heard about a lock down feature but it looks like a good rest. I use the NAP apache and love it. Never had a problem with it.

Go with the trophy taker smack down pro. It's limb driven, whereas the xtreme is cable driven. I dislike cable driven as they tend to have "bounce back". The smack down and the xtreme are the same price. I'd give it a look. Everyone at the shop I work at has switched to limb driven rests.
I dislike the rip cord because I've seen them not fall away as they are supposed to. I'm not willing to take that risk in the woods.
Just my $.02.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back