turkey down

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
brother and i got it done!  am i the first E-101er to get it done?

sorry for the crap pic.  we had 15 minutes to process a bird for the table.  i offered one to the landowners and they were so excited.  the wife is stepping away from VEGANISM and is now a field to table kinda lady..she loves how we took a wild bird and she is gonna eat it.  turkey stock and breast.  they were going out to dinner in 15 minutes and i simply skinned the bird, broke it down and game bagged it for their hike out.

done and done.  oh..a pellet rifle is more challenging than a bow.  (for me)..i suck!! :)

we took a total of three birds this past weekend.

Nicely done Cliff, congrats! Our season doesn't even start until Saturday so you definitely beat me to the punch.

sjl2012 said:
We've been smashing them for a week here in TX.....

SWEET!  is that a Rio?

and in Texas, you can use a rifle right?  even a .22 rimfire?

Yeah, only Rio's around here.

It is legal to use a rifle, not sure if it's center fire only or not but I haven't used one and probably wouldn't let anyone just as a safety issue with the way we run and gun hunt on small properties.

Being from the South East originally, shooting a turkey with a rifle or in the Fall was unheard of, a couple of habits I just couldn't develop after moving to Texas...

Congrats Cliff and SJL2012!  I'm getting out this weekend in Oklahoma to hunt turkeys and morel mushrooms.  Opener was last weekend but below freezing so I slept in!

some nice looking birds.  our hunting group just got our first turkey.  tasted amazing in the smoker.

Is that the wok burner you ordered a few months ago?  Able to keep the temp down low enough?  Might have to look into one.

oh yea.  the burner is super adjustable.  i can get it down super low.  i choked down the fuel with the adjustable regulator, and then the knob at the stove takes it from there.
i am loving the disc.  its fun.  i feel so rustic.  last night i made carne asada tacos.  i put the disc in my propane grill.  i got it super hot. (so the entire thing got hot, not just the center like on the burner) i then shut off the gas and cooked my taco-filling (onions and meat) simply on the reserved heat of the disc.  it was fast as hell.  and i didnt warm up my house and make my kitchen smell like a taqueria.  a win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back