Ulmer Edge

Rich Z

Dec 29, 2012
So what does everyone think of these broadheads? I'm sure it's been discussed already but i didn't want to gosearch for it.

I personally love them.  I have killed four elk with them.  If you put them where you are suppose to they do the job quick.  I'm thinking about the stainless steal for this year. 

Ulmer Edge is the best mech broadhead for elk IMHO.  4 for 4 this past season with myself and my hunting buddies.  We were all Montec fixed guys until last season.  I will never shoot any other broadhead: Pass throughs, Blood trails, field point accuracy.  Theres gonna be a bunch of noise from fixed blade COC guys on this subject.  On a sidenote: you better be above 65 ft lb of KE if your going mechanical. I would recommend without any hesitation on elk 

montanaelk31 said:
Ulmer Edge is the best mech broadhead for elk IMHO.  4 for 4 this past season with myself and my hunting buddies.  We were all Montec fixed guys until last season.  I will never shoot any other broadhead: Pass throughs, Blood trails, field point accuracy.  Theres gonna be a bunch of noise from fixed blade COC guys on this subject.  On a sidenote: you better be above 65 ft lb of KE if your going mechanical. I would recommend without any hesitation on elk

i agree the KE def makes a huge difference with mechs

I shot the ulmers last season. Went 3 for 3 with them, shot my antelope at 24 yds ran 60 piled up, shot my elk at 65 ran 60yds piled up, shot my AZ deer at 94 yds, ran 70 piled up. I love them. I'm a fixed blade man myself, just shot them last season due to tuning problems and time. I was really hesitant to shoot them on elk but they do what they say.. 2" cut stay sharp great accuracy.best of luck

Hycntryhtr said:
I was really hesitant to shoot them on elk but they do what they say.. 2" cut stay sharp great accuracy.
Been thinking the same thing...might have to give them a chance this year.

Thanks for the responses guys. I might have to give them a try. I'm thinking about the Ulmer Edge SS.

we all have our own opinions I'm not a big fan. I shot a deer at 40 yards and zipped right thru it. Deer ran off no blood no deer found arrow covered in blood. Shot a doe a few days later again zip thru it watched deer run off and die (thank goodness). Found no blood at all until I found the deer and after skinning deer it looked as if the broad head never opened both on the entrance and exit holes (wish I'd taken a picture). Not a fan, I use spitfire and killzone broad heads and never had a problem with them. I'll not use any ulmer edges again. That's just my opinion

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back