Ultra Minimum gear??

nclonghunter

Dec 28, 2012
If you wanted to go into an area in the evening and stay the night; to avoid climbing a steep, noisy, difficult mountain in the dark, what would you take?? What would you need?

Sleep pad, sleeping bag, 5x7 tarp, two trek poles, water, protein bars, pistol, head lamp, game bags

By adding more water and more bars you could stay a second night. The idea is to not have a fire or carry cooking equipment.

Extra water is extra weight! You might consider a filter if you are in an area where you can refill

Thanks guys, I am always on the fence with the pistol. Sometimes I carry one but usually not. I'll be in Colorado and I know there are some good sized black bears in the area.

I anticipate staying high on the mountain and water is not readily available. 

Besides your basic first aid kit, paracord, and what you have on your list, I?d take an extra pair of socks if you normally don?t. Blisters that far back would suck..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take out the pistol, throw in a hammock and that's pretty much my set up.  +1 on extra socks.  +other basics like knife, cordage, fire starting, water purification. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back