Ultralight Tipi

byland

Dec 17, 2015
All,

For those of you who know more than I do about switching to a tipi style tent, I was wondering if some of you could put your two cents out there on the pros and cons of the popular manufacturers. 

I want to run a 6 man tipi for elk season so I can be a little more functional in the backcountry at camp.  I'll be backpacking in a few miles so weight is an issue.  I've been looking at the Kifaru and Seek Outside brands but not sure which to go with.

Does anyone have any experience with these tents?  I'm willing to listen to experience!

-Emory
www.bylandco.com

I've spent some time in the Kifaru Sawtooth.
It's way nice. Being able to stand up and wear your boots is awesome. Add in a stove and it can't be beat. The SO tipi's are probably just as nice but I've never been in one.

Would love to pull the trigger on a UL tipi and titanium stove but just having a hard time justifying it!  Already have two 2 person, one 4 person, and 1 canvas spike tent!  Would be a great option for late season rifle hunting here in MT.  Maybe I can talk my hunting partner into splitting the bill...

You can't have too many tools in the toolbox Big Country!

Mtnrunner - so you can stand up in the Sawtooth?  It's hard to tell what's what from pictures on the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back