unit 34 early season

hooter44

May 20, 2013
Got drawn for early season archery elk in unit 34 N.M any information will help first timedrawing thanks in advance

I got drawn for the same hunt. if you see a scruffy guy with a 16 yr old daughter in tow make sure to say hello.... lol
id love to chat about the scouting i have done if you want to chat or care to share info. let me know.

My buddy and I also have drawn 34 but the second archery hunt.  I have gone on one scouting trip and seen plenty of elk, mostly cows and spikes.  My only concern is that the areas I have seen the elk are probably going to be the most hunted areas in the unit. 

Anyone with info about less hunted areas that have good number of elk? 

I'm going out again on Saturday and look around Weed and Pinon.  How is the hunting pressure near those areas? 

still not seeing much action in the north part of the unit. was up there saturday before season opened and it was very quiet except for the campers......

Yes. ;D  West of Hwy 24, north of Pinion and NE of Timberon has some very nice animals. I did some scouting there last November hoping I'd get a tag for there. You'll need to know what is private and what is public, but the terrain is not rough at all. Think of Timberon and Pinion as the base of a triangle and you want to hunt the top part of this triangle.  Traditionally water is the key, but this year hunt the timber/grass edges as water is pretty much everywhere. Good luck!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back