VAP Arrows

Chris Sloan

Aug 26, 2015
For those that dont know, VAP or Victory armour piercing arrows get unreal penetration. Old elk arrow was 460gr FMJ, My new 400gr VAP whitetail arrows get 6-8" more penetration than my old 460gr fmjs in my block target. Unreal!

i shoot VAPs now and love them.  and I agree, penetration is awesome.  with 80 lb limbs and my 500 gn arrows, i'm getting 12-15" of penetration in a nearly new rinehart 18-1.

That's great to hear! How have the inserts been holding up? And are you shooting a lot of kinetic energy with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexG said:
That's great to hear! How have the inserts been holding up? And are you shooting a lot of kinetic energy with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KE is over 100 ft-lbs.  I installed inserts uses GT Tip Grip and haven't had any issues.

Wapiti_will, what bow are you shooting? You'd have to be launching that arrow at over 300 fps to get over 100 ke. I'd like to look into that bow.

jstephens61 said:
Wapiti_will, what bow are you shooting? You'd have to be launching that arrow at over 300 fps to get over 100 ke. I'd like to look into that bow.

Shooting a Bowtech Invasion with 80 lb limbs.  If you're pulling 70 lbs, you could look at the Bowtech Insanity, which is 10 fps faster.

bow_dozer said:
I need to come to your bow shop for my future purchases. on a side note, hows the draw cycle?
sorry for the late response...busy with some rifle hunts. 
only got a hold of a hand full 80 lb bows to shoot...but loved the draw cycle on the invasion and that sealed the deal.  it was smoother into the valley than the insanity and has a nice solid wall.

I just sold my invasion after a five year relationship. I tried everywhere to get 80# limbs and every place i called said they were not offered with the invasion b/c the cams would not hold up.  Have 360 now and like how hard it hits, extra weight and grip takes a lot of time to get used to after handling the invasion so long. (first world problems)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back