verification

billg

Dec 29, 2012
:eek: :mad: Has anyone suggested how rediculous it is to have to copy some silly assed letters and an inane question before each reply is unnecessary and a deterrent to posting?--Bill

I was about to when it stopped happening.  Not sure what I did differently, but its not been an issue after the first 4 or 5 posts.

Same here I was getting annoyed with it, but now its not having me do it anymore. keep posting i'm sure it will stop in a few posts.

Seems to have stopped for me also--still not sure why it would ever be required after signing in--Bill

There also seems to be some "re-spelling" of certain words when you post.  I have seen it in one of my posts and noticed it in one of Corey's.  I've got to track that one down yet.

It doesn't like "pass" as it keeps changing it to "prear end" or "passing" as "prear ending".  Interesting computer censorship.  Kind of like smart texting--some hilarious results compared to what was intended.

Thanks for the feedback guys....we are listening! For the verification, it is set up to only make you do it the first 5 posts....after that, it's not required. This will keep all the spammers from posting unwanted posts over and over. It is a pain, and the letters are hard to read, but it keeps the robots out... :)

As far as the smart censoring, we'll adjust it as needed....."passing".... :)

Bugl-- Do you mean first five posts period, or first five posts everytime we log in?--Bill

Should be the first 5 posts, then never again. Let me know if that's not the case. Once the system determines you're a real person, you should be good to go... :)

It's just for the first five posts on your account. It's to help stop the spam bots from creating fake accounts and posting on the forum.  They usually give up after several posts automatically. 

We apologize for the hassle, but after the first 5 you'll be free to post!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back