VPA Broadheads

Mountain Bowhunter

Jan 2, 2013
Seen several posts where people recommended them and I am seriously considering switching to these.  So I thought I would start a thread on the VPA Broadheads for opinions and pictures of them whether it's game taken, sharpening, target shooting, comparisons, or just whatever.

Pro's: Machined from one solid piece of steel, tough, accurate, easy to sharpen, are reusable, with a satisfaction guarantee.
Con's: Susceptible to the same issues all other fixed blade heads are.

Seriously, a very tough accurate head, and great customer service.

I have some VPA's in my quiver and carried them into the field last season.  I didn't end up killing with the VPA...but I would have.

In this picture, the VPA's are the two in the middle in a 3 blade and 2 blade, 200 grains.
They are VERY well made...spin perfectly, and fly excellent.  I also like that none of the VPA heads are vented...they are quiet.  They take and hold and edge and have been durable in practice and in the field.  They have not met bone yet for me, so I cannot speak to that, but the 3 blade has a very sweet tip.  Even the longer tapered broadhead is filed to a chisel like point.  Hard to see in the pictures.

As a disclaimer, I shoot heavy and slow, so I have no experience with a 125 on a needle at 300fps.  However, on 595 grains at 250, they are money.

Attachments

• IMG_8514.jpg_thumb.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 96
Bringing this thread back up because I think I am about to pull the trigger on these. Which of the VPA do you use for elk? (weight, vented/unvented, etc)

Blue wine has the right idea I am still new to this GREAT sport but shoot slow and heavy also 715gr total arrow weight, 315gr single bevel Ashby broadhead. I did look at those broadheads for my brother they look and feel solid but are still double bevel I would look in to single bevel personally. Just my opinion.. GOOD LUCK let us know what you decide

Well I got my VPA 150 grains two weeks ago and I already love these broadheads.  Most consistent flight I've seen out of a fixed blade.  and tough.  I shot one through the bottom corner of my rinehart 18-1 and hit a rock.  That would have destroyed most broadheads but it just dinged up the blade on the VPA.  I feel like the only reason everyone isn't shooting these is just a lack of metallurgy knowledge.  As soon as I learned they were cnc machined from tool steel and heat treated to 50 rockwell I was hooked.  That's as hard as some of my axe heads!

SPOTnSTALK said:
Very much a slick trick guy here thus far. Any insight on the comparison between these two? The NAP look to be rock solid. Thanks

check my comment (two posts up).  everything you need to know.  Haven't had a chance to try them on an animal yet but I have killed several trees behind my targets and they are completely undamaged and still fly perfect

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back