Wall Mount or Pedestal?

HuntinKyhl

Dec 28, 2012
Do you guys prefer a typical shoulder mount hanging on the wall, or a pedestal mount on the floor?  I like both, but must admit if money and space permits I'm a pedestal kind of guy.

1-1_zpsae513187.jpg

2-1_zpsd2c0485d.jpg

3_zps5beb1945.jpg

For the right application both work.  If I had my choice though, I'd definitely prefer a pedestal mount!

I've got both and you definitely need the right ceiling height to pull off a wall mount for an elk.  These photos were done for insurance purposes, so don't really show them off very well.

HuntinKyhl, yours is a Beaut and your taxidermist is to complimented on being a true artist ::) !

Attachments

• Wall Elk
    33.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Pedestal Elk
    31.3 KB · Views: 112
I love elk pedestal mounts.

Attachments

• 003.jpg 25%.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 009.jpg 25%.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 067.jpg 25%.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
Here is another one I just finished.

Attachments

• 226.jpg 800x533.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 239.jpg 800x533.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 259.jpg 800x533.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 0
Well, my hats off to you and if I am ever graced with a bigger bull than what I have, I may be making a trip further west to visit your shop.  Nice work !

Currently having my muley done in a pedestal mount.  Would love to get a nice bull to do the same.  Great looking mounts.

Pedestals are cool, but they often don't fit in rooms with 8' ceilings.... :)

Attachments

• Elk Mount Right View 1_small.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Elk Mount Left View 1_small.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Elk Mount Front View 2_small.jpg
    Elk Mount Front View 2_small.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 0
[quote author=buglelk]
Pedestals are cool, but they often don't fit in rooms with 8' ceilings.... :)
[/quote]

And neither does a wall mount :) ;)

Those thirds are just Wicked Corey!! One of these days I will get my 370 mounted like that first one I posted up but bugling.

I was thinking Wall on mine (when I get one big enough to mount), I have a spot with about 14 foot ceilings that is reserved but I may change my mind before then cause those pedestal mounts look dang good.

I have both and enjoy all of them. It really depends on your wall space and how permanent you want them to be. I really like my pedestal mounts because I can move them around and change things up every once in a while.

I've never really seen pedestal mounts. Those are pretty flippin sweet though. My wife and I don't own a house (yet) but when we do I really want to put one of those pedestals in it. But I also like wall mounts alot. I guess I will have to see what the wife lets me get away with. It seems like a pedestal mount would make it seem bigger because its closer to you whereas a wall mount will usually be up a little ways off the ground where you don't have anything to compare it to.

I love them both.  But I like the pedestal mount simply because you don't see it as often.

I like pedestal mounts a lot; however, I can't afford to get those done. So I compromise with a wall pedestal. You kind of get the same affect and you can opt to put some habitat with it if you prefer.

Love the mounts all ! I like both also, but me personally only have wall mounts right now. My brothers last bull he had done as a pedestal mount.

Here are my two.

1004157305_019-1_zps460f7856.jpg

058-1.jpg

059-2.jpg

My brothers bulls

quinzsbulls010.jpg

quinzsbulls007.jpg

quinzsbulltaxi306.jpg

2011pedistal522.jpg

My brothers and my best bulls together

1004169317_007-1-1_zps3819211c.jpg

1004165313_011-1-2_zps80e93b05.jpg

My nephews first archery bull (he was 14)

Danielselk.jpg

man those pedestal mounts are sweet and there are some really nice bulls on this thread.  very envious of some of these living rooms

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back