Wall Tent Pole Bag - What Do You Use?

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
I'm getting tired of buying pole bags for my Davis wall tent. They seem to last a couple years at most and then they rip and poles start sliding out. Anyone ever come up with a different solution? Or is there another company that makes a better pole bag?

Hey! I am David Aldrich. My father's name is John Aldrich. We build canvas wall tents for a living. Our company name is Bravo mfg. inc. In addition to bulilding hunting tents, we also make heavy duty frame bags. our frame bags are a heavy duty 18 oz material, with a #10 ykk zipper. visit our website at bravotents.com and check out our specials, or call the shop at 360 817 9124. We love to talk tents and anything related to tents!

I can't find any info about the pole bags on your site. How much are they? What material are they made of?

I have a Davis tent and pole bag as well.  Only one tiny cut (nothing close to where a pole is going to slide out) after several years and multiple trips per year.  I had a feeling that the sharp pole edges where going to be an issue when the pole bag impacted anything hard, so I decided that the best thing to do was to wrap the pole bag in my large tarp (always with my tent and used as a ground cover).  The pole bag rolled up in the tarp added enough cushion that it seems to protect it very well...and hopefully many more years to come.  It would be nice though if Davis lined the last six inches or so on each side of the bag with leather or something durable enough to take a beating.

I use an old Marine issue sea bag. Still has my name stenciled on it. Been around for close to 40 years.

I have a nylon pull strap around mine and use no bag. I also painted the ends of the poles different colors to help with assembly. Green end toward ground blue end towards sky.

I would suggest placing something inside the bag about the size of the bundle or a little larger. Possibly a circle cut out of leather or a heavy duty mud flap. Maybe a scrap piece of conveyor belting.

Bowhunter1 said:
I have a nylon pull strap around mine and use no bag. I also painted the ends of the poles different colors to help with assembly. Green end toward ground blue end towards sky.

I would suggest placing something inside the bag about the size of the bundle or a little larger. Possibly a circle cut out of leather or a heavy duty mud flap. Maybe a scrap piece of conveyor belting.

Terry, do you happen to have a picture of the nylon strap setup? That sounds interesting. And I'm the same as you, we colored ours to make it easier and we try to keep them in separate bags.

our bags are heavy duty 18oz vinyl with a full length zipper for easy access. they are on the website under camp items i believe. they are around $40. Give us a call at 360 817 9124 for more info or questions that you might have. 

David Aldrich.

For the last several years, I've been using a top load canvas duffel bag from an army surplus store. I think it cost around $20, and it's been surprisingly tough. It holds all of my poles together, however the longer ones hang out of the top about a foot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back