Walleye

Eyeeyecaptain

Aug 4, 2017
I definitely vote that fish is another type of game! (and one of my favorites, hence the username)

I figured some people would appreciate my new personal best walleye anyhow. Plus I\'m pretty stoked right now and want to brag a bit haha. She tipped the scale at 13# 15oz and 32.5\" long. :D Beat my old PB of 13# 3oz.

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->0304162121a.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• 0304162121a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
that is a hog, and if there is any better eatin than a walleye i havnt found it.

Dang that is a dandy eye. I have caught a lot of eyes but not any close to that. :upthumb:

Andrew is that a great lakes fish? I know they catch some big fish over there.

Thanks guys, I am pretty happy with her. Anybody have any experience with replica companies? Have a tiger muskie I\'m thinking about a replica on too, but don\'t know of any and not sure if they are worth the $$$.

\"F M\" said:
Andrew is that a great lakes fish? I know they catch some big fish over there.

Nope, this was caught in a public lake in here in CO. Some monster eyes in CO lakes too!

Guess I need to get a walleye rig! Nice fish and agree 100% with best eating fresh water fish around - crappie is a close second for me.

Was working in North Dallas area about 12 years back and Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine has a restaurant and brewery attached. They had Walleye Wednesday - all you could eat fish and fries for $10! About the only positive thing I remember about living in Dallas area. :)

I\'ve never had the privilege to eat any walleye so crappie is my fish of choice on the table...... :D :D

How do ya\'ll cook them??? They want me to bake everything I eat but deep fried Is how I like my fish, tatters, hush puppies... Heck deep fried is how I like most everything I eat... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ya\'ll remember Vince Gill\'s song \"Go Rest High On That Mountain\"... That\'s how I\'ll leave this earth... I\'ll \"Go To Heaven a Shouting\" with a deep fried tatter in one hand and a strip of deep fried fish fillet in the other... :angle: :angle:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
Ya\'ll remember Vince Gill\'s song \"Go Rest High On That Mountain\"... That\'s how I\'ll leave this earth... I\'ll \"Go To Heaven a Shouting\" with a deep fried tatter in one hand and a strip of deep fried fish fillet in the other... :angle: :angle:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arky I cook mine a couple of ways. I deep fry them in beer batter or pan fry them. Either way they are dang good. :upthumb:

Walleye is definitely one of the best. The 15-20\"ers are hard to beat, but crappie are definitely up there. Pan fry used to be my go to, but have been making a lot of fish tacos lately. Get some Spade L Ranch fish seasoning throw the fish in foil with a little butter and and put them on the grill. Get tortillas and a southwest salad mix and wrap it all up = delicious.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back