water bladders

Codybones

Aug 14, 2013
Anybody have any feelings about water bladders for packs? any favorites or any that I should stay away from?

I have Source and Platypus water bags and have found them to be the best and toughest for me. No funk and low maintenance.  And best of all no bad taste.

Thank you guys Im not going to take to much time investigating bladders Im going to go with your suggestions

1 thing you may want to keep in mind, if your hunting later in the season, say late October or later, they may freeze up on you.

Kevin

What is the preferred size, I know thats a loaded question but I always have bottles with other stuff like energy products so just going on day long hunts Im leaning towards the two liter, whats the general thought?

i run a badlands 100 ounce, almost a gallon.  generally lasts me all day.

One tip on keeping a good tasting water bladder is between usages (at home) empty it out and store it in the freezer. Wont mildew and stays fresh tasting. 
As for freezing in the later cold months use one with neoprene sleave on the tube. I find it helps in hot moths too. Keeps water from getting nasty warm.

I've been using the new Easton bladder that they make with Hydropak, the one with the tan hose (keeps things cool when warm and prevents freezing) and love it. Easy to fill, easy to remove the hose and clean. The tube with the covering is in addition to the bladder, but worth it when you're not sucking warm/hot water due to the sun - http://www.elk101.com/store/easton-hydrafusion-insulated-tube-kit

I know camelbak makes some good ones.  I have a sawyer bag filter system that I use as a bladder.

But as bucky said,  later season freezing is a big problem with them.

On size,  too much water is always better than not enough so I'd say as big as you can get (you don't have to fill it all the way).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back