Weight Loss Food or Powders?

Jacob

Jun 27, 2018
Know of any weight loss help to go along with elk hunting hikes? Foods? Powders? Etc....  Thank you. 

The main thing for me and cheapest way about it is portion control and a lot of running.  Eating real, unprocessed foods is huge. Anything non-man-made is better. Meats, veggies, fruits, legumes, etc

Jacob said:
Know of any weight loss help to go along with elk hunting hikes? Foods? Powders? Etc....  Thank you.

Exercise physiologist here. You are what you eat, literally. Most supplements, and yeah, Mountain Ops included, are not FDA approved. Meaning, these companies can take a scientific abstract and use any and all info that benefits them financially. So, for example, you can make the CLAIM, because that is what the majority do...make CLAIMS, that "scientific proof that X product INCREASES lean mass and decreases bodyfat." Sure, technically, that CLAIM may be true. Now, how and where did they get this data? Some university could be doing a study on, say, mealworms. They find that an increase in muscle was seen with the addition of this supplement. Keyword: mealworms. Yes, supplement companies are 1) shady, and 2) mostly full of BS. They did tell you that there product will produce an increase in lean mass. They just fail to mention that the study that they are backing their CLAIM up with was done on....drumroll....mealworms. Caveat emptor aka let the buyer beware. How about just eating smart, clean foods not loaded, because just about everything is loaded with sugar. Including "sport supplements". If these companies used actual ingredients that did what they say they do, you couldn't afford them. Thus, they throw sugar, brilliantly disguised as a "sport supplement", which leads you to believe they are healthy when in fact, they got you to buy their junk. Read labels. Educate yourself on eating clean and smart. Meaning, avoid package, processed foods. Sports nutrition products are packaged and processed.

Sorry for the rant. I hate to see people be bamboozled by companies hocking products with absolutely no scientific research other than they search for abstracts to back their CLAIMS. Any questions, please feel free to message me.

Baileyjk said:
The main thing for me and cheapest way about it is portion control and a lot of running.  Eating real, unprocessed foods is huge. Anything non-man-made is better. Meats, veggies, fruits, legumes, etc

Amen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back