Welcome to the University of Elk Hunting ONLINE COURSE

buglelk

Administrator
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys and gals!

One of the participants in the Online Course recommended that we start an area here in the Forums to discuss the UEH Online Course, and I thought it was a great idea. So, here it is!  ;)

Feel free to ask questions about the course, share your feedback and thoughts, and discuss the topics you felt were most helpful in the online course. I'll do my best to swing in and answer questions as best I can.

And, for those who have not yet signed up, check it out here:
http://www.elk101.com/onlinecourse/

Be sure to check the other threads in this area for discount codes and other opportunities related to the Online Course.

Attachments

• New Project_Available Now_QUOTE_800x533.jpg
    New Project_Available Now_QUOTE_800x533.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 73
I'm ashamed to say that I got it on the pre release, but have yet had time to start it. Too many irons in the fire!

Well, took a few days but I finally got through all of this.  My background is that I've lived in Montana and hunted elk for 10 years, and have been successful every year.  I shot my bull the last 5 years with my bow. 
I just want to recommend to everybody, from novice to expert, to do this course. 

For me specifically, the setups module really hit home.  We get shots at bulls every 5 good setups of so.  The other 4 set ups we are always like, "Aw shucks, he didn't come close enough" or "why did he take that route".  Hope to improve on our kill rate this year! Great information and insight.
Obviously the calling module is priceless, as well.

Having this information and executing it in the field will hopefully give me a chance to be slightly selective on which bull I shoot.  That is where I am as an elk hunter at this point, and not just take the first legal bull.  Highly recommend this course. 

I'm about 50% of the way through the modules and my curiosity got the better of me and I've skipped around a bit.  So far it's been fantastic and I don't regret the money for a second.  One minor comment Corey, is there any chance of being able to access the individual chapters within a module?  There are times that I skip around and want to go back to an individual chapter to re-read.  Not a huge deal, but just a minor thing.
Disregard, looks like I can do this now from the homepage. 

Thanks for putting this together!

I just wanted to leave a big thank you here to Corey.  I was able to harvest my largest bull to date using some of the tactics that he covers in the UEH course.  Along with experience gained over the last 13 years of bowhunting by making many mistakes and some great hunting partners we were able to put all that information together and get it done.  I've been better than average on the success rate while bowhunting elk, but with this information and the way that Corey ties it all together we should be that much more successful.

I will say that when you get a screaming bull coming in to fight at 10 yards it is like nothing else that I have experienced in all my years elk hunting.  If I wasn't already hooked, I am completely now.  It was an awesome hunt and one that is at the top of my hunting memories.  Many thanks Corey!

James

I learned a lot from this course last year and as I go through it again this year I can't believe how much I forgot. 19 days until we head to Idaho. Can't wait!!!

Just wanted to send a huge thank you to Corey and everyone who put the UEH Course together.  There is literally a TON of information there! I especially liked the scouting module (google earth) and the gear module.  As a new elk hunter trying to learn on my own, I'm now confident that I can turn my 0-2 record around this year and finally notch my tag!

I love this course and I want to go through it several more times before the upcoming season!  Unfortunately, it's about to expire so I was wondering if there's a discount code available for returning members? 

Thanks

JKins, I believe the largest discount Corey offers is 10%. You can use the code FORUMS10 to get that.

The text is all completed for Module 15, and the developer is working on the update right now. We're hoping the full Module 15 is available on the app by the end of the week. Thanks!

Love module 15, I waited a long time for this module, and have gone through it several times.

Morning all. Signed up a few weeks ago and have gone through the course, Great stuff Corey!! Looking forward to participating in the forum. I am just getting back into archery after a 20+ yr hiatus and have the bug again. Building arrows and shooting as much as i can getting back into it. Love the courses and elk hunting is my favorite!!

mkasper23 said:
Morning all. Signed up a few weeks ago and have gone through the course, Great stuff Corey!! Looking forward to participating in the forum. I am just getting back into archery after a 20+ yr hiatus and have the bug again. Building arrows and shooting as much as i can getting back into it. Love the courses and elk hunting is my favorite!!

Welcome to the forum mkasper23!  :upthumb:

Trying to find out about my UEH membership.  I try to log in and is says invalid.  I've tried to reset my password but it doesn't seem to be working.  I signed up initially then resigned up again so not sure when my membership expires?  Any suggestions for figuring that out?

COLOelkman said:
Trying to find out about my UEH membership.  I try to log in and is says invalid.  I've tried to reset my password but it doesn't seem to be working.  I signed up initially then resigned up again so not sure when my membership expires?  Any suggestions for figuring that out?

Corey can reset it for you. Same email I sent you earlier... he can hook you up.  :upthumb:

I am going to start the course with my son in 2 weeks. I look forward to it. I am an obsessed hunter and my son loves it too. I have not had much success with the bow however, so I hope this will really help us out. Cant wait to give a review on the forum I'm sure it will be awesome.

:train: I am getting in shape and want to Hunt with Cory. Do I get the 20 entries in the contest if I have already paid for UEH. I filled out the form for 1 entry.
I am totally ready for this.
Chuck O.

Hi all,
I just signed up for the course and am loving it but I noticed some of the links in the scouting module aren't working specifically the link that shows burn areas. Not sure if I'm the only one having this problem or if the links are old and need to be updated?

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back