What Am I Doing With All These Guns?!

otcWill

Aug 15, 2017
Anybody else have trouble hanging on to guns even when they\'re only collecting dust? I want to sell some of these but they\'ve all been passed down to me and I just can\'t do it. How do you guys feel about your guns? Do you have trouble parting with even one\'s you\'ll probably never use?

I\'m the same way, I finally broke down and sold one about 2 months ago, it took me 3 years to talk myself into getting rid of it. It was a gun that a good friend that passed away had gotten for me, But it was an odd caliber so finding ammo was super hard. Plus I needed to sell one to finance the new one :D. I have several that were passed down from my grandpa that I will never get rid of. Plus it\'s nice to have choices when you want to rifle hunt.

Will
I have guns that my dad used when he was a kid. And some older. There is no way that I will sell something like that.
One of his favorite guns is an old L.C. Smith Field Grade double barrel 12 ga.
I particularly dont like the gun, but maybe my kids will someday

Im a practical guy and dont have much need for extra items hanging around, but that doesnt apply to my guns!

If you even want to quit dusting those guns, give me a call. I will gladly take them off your hands and dust them

I have a couple of guns that my dad made stocks and did gun smith work on, that I plan to pass on to a grandson or daughter. The others, I have no special fondness for and would sell.

cnelk, funny you mention the LC Smith shotgun - Dad has the same 12 gauge side by side sitting in the safe with my name on it. He has a Browning Sweet 16 humpback(not Belgium made though) for me. I\'d likely never shoot either gun but definitely would NEVER sell either one!

I\'ve bought guns on my own that I would sell if I needed the money. Luckily thus far in life, I\'ve never had the need. Still have a New England arms .410 single shot for my nephews to shoot.....they\'re 25 and 20 now and never had an interest to shoot even when I bought it 20 years ago! It\'s only about 12\" too short for me!!

Never sold a gun in my lifetime... Never will... All my guns are willed to either my boys or my grand kids... Don\'t plan on buyin\' another unless I get a uncontrolable urge... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if I do it will be added to the will to someone also...

i swore i would never sale one of my guns but have ended up selling a few. the first one was very hard to get rid of. after that its been a business transaction so i could finance another toy. some i wish i still had, some i dont care about. just be choosy

I have way too many! For deer hunting caliber guns alone, last year I could have used a different rifle every day I gun hunted. Now, that shows two things: 1) I don\'t hunt enough, and 2) I have a lot of guns!

I seem to be in the buy more mode as opposed to get rid of one/some to buy another. I have sold a Ruger GP-100 357 magnum handgun; only to wish I still had it. And I sold a Ruger 77 in 338 Winchester Magnum as the gun was a tank to carry. But, in the same time period over which I sold these two (years), I have bought about 8 others.

There are those guns I have for sentimental reasons and those that I hope my sons feel are sentimental to them. Hopefully that part doesn\'t happen for quite a while yet! :)

>>>>-------->

My dad gave me a Winchester 94 in 30-30 for Christmas when I was 12. That was 1954, and I used it my whole life to hunt elk and muley\'s. I would never sell that gun.

The rest of them have been bought and sold by me with no regrets.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back