what are them elk doing?

coloelko

Jul 19, 2013
Well its August 24! I've got 6 days till I'm in the elk woods of Colorado.
Has anyone seen or heard any elk recently to give me an update?
I'd like to know if they are starting any early rut behavior?
Have they lost their velvet yet?

I know last year this time they were starting to herd up and we definitely heard some bugling.
I hope its the same this year!

Good luck to you all this fall!

Big cow herds dispersing into 20-60. Rag horns trying to bugle .Rubs and wallows showing. Saw a big 6x that was half way rubbed yesterday. Lots of healthy elk,SW NM.  8)

Just got back from the weekend hunt in Utah, cows are still singled up and the bulls have not been talking at all. Hope it changes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubs showing up here in MT, I heard bugling in my yard 2 nights ago. Herds forming. Still lots of single cow/calf pairs. Should be right on schedule for the opener on the 6th.

I've got buddy's in steamboat and north of ft Collins that say they have heard bulls going off at night.. It was like this last yr and I missed a pig that was already with 12 cows on Labor Day.. Best of luck everyone.. It's finally almost here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Crap, I have been managing pretty good until I read they are bugling.....I won't be worth 2 cents from here on. :eek:

Bulls bugling overnight for over a week in my spot. I'm headed east to hunt w my dad . Not sure how central/eastern mt has been like though. I'm assuming similar. Loving the cooler mornings that have shown up!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back